Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
For a minute you almost made me re-check my gps unit to make sure we were talking about the same location.
There is a great shot on Google Earth of Princess Cays. I can't tell which ship is there but the beach and buildings are fairly clear.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmjb3:
Hi ! I am looking for information on the Island of Princess Cays. I have heard the water is really too cold to enjoy and too cold to snorkle. Is this true ? I will be there in the middle of March...is that a bad time?

Thanks
We were there the first week of April last year and the water was perfect. And I am a person who likes to swim in bath water.

Princess Cays is a lovely place. The sand has been imported and is so thick and cushy to walk on. You will spend a very quiet, pleasant beach day there with only other cruisers. I thought it would be boring but it is actually a pleasant change from the other ports where we tried to cover a lot of area and do as much as possible.

It is a very compact area with the swim area, snorkeling and Princess bbq all right there.
I think you will enjoy your day.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:34 PM

We were here in January of last year and the water and the snorkeling was great. The water was a lot warmer then when we where there in 2001. The reef is really pretty good with a lot of fish and not a lot of people snorkeling when we where they. The sand dose have a lot of rocks, so you might want to bring water shocks.

Rainbird
Summit Feb 2002
Star Princess Jan 2007
Carribbean Princess Jan 2007
Emerald Princess Jan 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-21-2008, 09:24 AM

I am a wimp, and I do wear my wet suit at Princess Cays. I wear my wet suit everywhere in the Caribbean. If the water isn't 98+, I'm cold. There I've admitted it, I'm a wimp!

Closed Thread

Tags
average, cay, cays, earth, google, gps, island, march, ports, princess, review, reviews, snorkeling, temperature, water