Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 12:01 PM

Going on the Jewel in November, making a stop in San Juan. Would like to see both the rain forest and the nearby beach, so we're considering renting a car near the port.

Anyone have any thoughts about whether this will work? Any recommendations about nearby agencies? Any other tips?

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:01 PM

Going on the Jewel in November, making a stop in San Juan. Would like to see both the rain forest and the nearby beach, so we're considering renting a car near the port.

Anyone have any thoughts about whether this will work? Any recommendations about nearby agencies? Any other tips?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:03 PM

HI, I CANT REMEMBER IF THERE ARE RENTAL CAR OFFICES NEAR THE PORT. BUT YOU CAN RESERVE ONLINE AND TAKE A TAXI TO WHERE EVER THE LOCATION IS. If this is your first time there. Maybe its not a good idea to do it. Its not too far but the route is a very busy one. I remember being in traffic for a while getting there. But its possible to do it. Maybe this does not happen. I cant remember the beach part. But the beach is beautiful. Isla Verde comes to mind. Now when you get off the ship you can walk around old San Juan, there are tours, you can go to El Morro, its very interesting and pretty. There is a pigeon park near the port( walking distance) that is very nice. you can hop on trolleys (free) for a ride around go thru shops. Isla Verde and Condado area are places of interests, but I cant remember how far and how to get to them from there. If you do rent a car there is a lot of traffic around 3-5 (When people get out of work) on all major routes. you dont want to miss your ship

Closed Thread

Tags
agencies, agency, car, close, cruise, juan, port, recommendation, rental, rentals, renting, san