Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 PM

I'm looking for a good beach to go to on an upcoming cruise to Cozumel. I will be traveling with my mother and my twin 9 year olds. We're looking for somewhere with a clean beach, other kids to play with, good food, water toys and/or beach activities. It will more than likely be the only excursion we do that day so I am nervous about picking the wrong beach. I was thinking about Paradise Beach but have read mixed reviews. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 AM

Hi twnzmom,

Paradise Beach is a GREAT choice. We have a 9 year old and went this past Feb. and had a blast. We had so much fun that we are going back this Oct. Buy a wrist band for the twins for $10 each and they can play on all of the toys. Great food and great service. The taxi will cost you $14 each way. Hope you have fun.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM

I like Paradise, but truly think Chankanaab Park offers more activities. There is a nature walk/zoo type area, snorkeling area, nice beaches, and they also have the swim with the dolphins. Paradise is more for lying around, drinking, and eating. The snorkeling isn't very good. They do have water toys, though. Take a look at Chankanaab Park, too. You can print coupons from the Internet for a few dollars off admission. They do have food available and a few shops, too.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Playa Mia is good for kids too. They have a zoo, shops, restaurant, fresh water swimming pool (no deep end, it is all shallow), and other stuff. Don't take the ship's tour. Just grab a cab and pay at the gate. The base price is the best deal, and pay as you go for food and drinks. They also have other pricing which includes open bar and food but I don't think it is the best value. Plenty of cabs always waiting to take you back to the pier.

Last summer all of us went to what may still be known as Club Cozumel Caribe on the north side of town. They had a pool too, and great food, but not much in the way of stuff for younger kids. It was mostly a snorkeling place. You had to jump from several feet above the ocean, which might not work for everyone.

Chankanaab is also high on my list.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:26 PM

I have been to both, but stick to Paradise now. Penny as usual is right on the money, Paradise is best for just lying around, drinking and eating with a few water toys thrown in for the kids. Lots more to do at Chankanaab, depends on how active you want to be. I am with Dave again too, no ship tour needed, Cozumel is easy to navigate on your own, the taxi rates are well posted. Haven't been to Playa Mia in ALOT of years, so Dave would know best there, too.

I am the lying around, raft if it's warm, good service, fast drinks and food, kind of beach girl, not a place I snorkel at, and I love the outdoor showers as you leave Paradise, bring some little throw away soaps and shampoo, and feel all fresh as you drive back to port for a little shopping.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006