Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 01:56 AM

I've been searching this forum but can't find the answer to my question. I am traveling Carnival from San Juan. I found on the forum that a taxi costs $16.00 and is a flat rate but I'd like to know if 5 people can fit in a taxi and I've never taken a taxi before so is the $16.00 per person or per taxi? We have 4 adults and a 2 year old child. Are taxi's easy to find? Thanks for taking the time to answer. I really appreciate the help.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:56 AM

I've been searching this forum but can't find the answer to my question. I am traveling Carnival from San Juan. I found on the forum that a taxi costs $16.00 and is a flat rate but I'd like to know if 5 people can fit in a taxi and I've never taken a taxi before so is the $16.00 per person or per taxi? We have 4 adults and a 2 year old child. Are taxi's easy to find? Thanks for taking the time to answer. I really appreciate the help.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:01 PM

You will find most taxi's are about ther size of a Geo Metro. 2-3 adults is a tight squeeze in most. The reason is they are cheap to buy in their economy, and the price is per taxi, most of the time. A large taxi will be a Chevy Nova. There will also be suburbans, but expect to pay much more for a car full.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:04 PM

I just did the San Juan port in october. There are many taxi's that are mini vans or the extended vans as well. There were 4 of us and we used a mini van as a taxi. I believe the cost was per van but they did charge extra for more then 4 bags ... or something like that... i know there was an extra fee for extra luggage ( and we only had 7 or 8 between all of us). But it wasn't an unreasonable cost.)

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, carribean, cost, cruise, juan, person, port, price, rates, royal, san, saun, ship, size, taix, taxi