Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2006, 11:17 AM

Hello everyone!

It is our first anniversary and we are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise. (RCLL) We are very
excited and want to make the most out of our trip! What excursions or advice can you provide for us.

Thanks!!!
Michael & Janette
Old 04-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Which ship and when will you be cruising?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:27 PM

What ports will you be visiting?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
Which ship and when will you be cruising?
We are on the Adventure of the Seas and we depart May 7th. Our ports of call are Aruba, St. Marteen, St. Thomas and Curacao.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:14 PM

Last time we were in Aruba we rented a car. The rental cars are right there when you get off the ship. We reserved on-line prior to our cruise and the rate we got was about 1/2 of what they were quoting to passengers walking up.

With the car we were able to visit all of the major sites on Aruba, visit several beaches, and spend time shopping.

Since they drive on the right side of the road, and the island is rather small, this was a very easy island to drive on.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:19 AM

WARNING! CRUISING CAN BE ADDICTIVE
Hi Michael & Janette,
We were on the Adventure of the Seas in February. It's a fantastic ship! DON'T miss the ice show! It's free and it's AWESOME. When we sail out of San Juan we always go one or two day early. If you like beaches and shopping you will be happy about the itinerary on this cruise. If you want, you can take a look at my pictures of our Adventure cruise by clicking on the link below...

http://www.sonnyv.smugmug.com/gallery/1211851

Going a day early is the best advice I can give you. However, you won't sail until evening so you still can get off the ship and see Old San Juan. You will have to take a taxi though.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:01 AM

I just got back from a cruise April 13 - 19 - This was our 4th cruise in a year. I was the first time I used this website. I spent alot of time reading and asking questions about each of our ports. Taking all of the advice from this website. We had the best cruise every.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:52 AM

We always go snorkeling, and Aruba, Curacao and St. Thomas are great snorkeling places. In St. Thomas we either do a catamaran to Buck Island to snorkel or take the ferry to St. Johns with a taxi to Trunk Bay for a beach snorkel. St. Thomas is the place for shopping, St. Maarten has a beach close to the pier as well as shops, Curacao has a lot of shops and some will barter. I'm not a shopper, but love to snorkel. Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Michael & Janette
My wife and I just got back last week from a Southern Caribbean cruise. In Aruba we went horseback riding and had a great time! The guide took us through the country side to senic spot by the ocean. Highly recommended! In St Thomas we booked what the cruise line called "Ultimate St. Thomas Tour". We enjoyed ourselves but in retrospect it would have been better to just hire a taxi to Magen's Bay then hire another back to the shopping area after some beach time. It is not far from the shopping areas back to the boat and taxis are everywhere! In fact the worst part of St. Thomas is the cabbies are very assertive....in fact annoying. The beach is very nice.
Have a Great Time! (it is almost impossible not to)

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, caribbean, cruise, excursion, juan, royal, san, timers