Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 PM

We are booked for Jan. 7 2007 on the Explorer.
For Two weeks one week East, next week West .
We would love to Do a few excursions, like ,
the Zip line in Belize, Helicopter tour in St. Thomas, 46 person submarine in Nassau, Deep sea fishing in Cozumel and go to The town of Hell in Grand Caymen. If anyone has done these things or heard any good or bad about them . I would be greatful for any replys or pics Thanks Mona Stingrays somewhere also
P.S If there is other places that also do
these things in the areas we are going I would
sure like to hear about them so we can pick and
choose the best ones and book soon. Mona
Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 PM

We are booked for Jan. 7 2007 on the Explorer.
For Two weeks one week East, next week West .
We would love to Do a few excursions, like ,
the Zip line in Belize, Helicopter tour in St. Thomas, 46 person submarine in Nassau, Deep sea fishing in Cozumel and go to The town of Hell in Grand Caymen. If anyone has done these things or heard any good or bad about them . I would be greatful for any replys or pics Thanks Mona Stingrays somewhere also
P.S If there is other places that also do
these things in the areas we are going I would
sure like to hear about them so we can pick and
choose the best ones and book soon. Mona
Old 11-09-2006, 09:05 PM

Well, have been to St. Thomas, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Nassau. If you like snorkeling, then Trunk Bay at St. John's is the best. You can take a ferry from St. Thomas over to St. John's. There was an excursion in Grand Cayman that took you to Hell as well as to the turtle farm. It then went to Stingray City where you can interact with the stingrays. It's very safe. The stingrays are used to having people around. As for Nassau, just went to Atlantis and toured the underwater aquarium. Hope this helps!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 PM

I second the Trunk Bay snorkeling in St. John. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had, and we're not usually beach people. But the beach there was SO GORGEOUS I didn't want to leave!(I live at the beach in the US)It's a 20 minute ferry ride from St. Thomas and if you go in the morning, you still have the afternoon to shop. St Thomas has some kick-a_s shopping! I personally wouldn't bother with a helicopter ride there. You can take the tram to the top of the mountain and get the same view for way less money! Definately do the Atlantis aquarium in Nassau if you can, and stay away from the straw market! Scary!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:33 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback .
reading all your replys really makes a big
difference . Mona
Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM

Don't go to Hell! Never been there, but heard it's a waste of time, tourist trap. If you would like to visit a GORGEOUS beach, try Rum Point Beach. Take a short ferry ride. When you get of the ship ask a local where to find the ferry there. Look up some photos of it on Google Images, wow! There is unreal scenery, one of the prettiest beaches in the Caribbean. Some will say that 7 mile beach is the best, but who wants towering hotels and mobs of people everwhere, that beach is not scenic.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:37 PM

Hell isn't all that great. Its just some charcoal looking rock formations. Stingrays, I think Grand Cayman is the best place for that. I enjoyed swimming with dolphins in Jamaica.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:39 PM

One more thing i forgot...Dunns River Falls is a must do in my opinion. If you stop in Ocho Rios its a great thing to do. Also Margaritaville is supposed to be great to.

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, caribbean, cozumel, cruise, eastern, nassau, prettier, reviews, western