Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 06:09 AM

I don't know if this is pertinent or not to cruising but I just hear of a neat way of putting a message on you digital camera in case you lose it - before you leave on you next cruise use your word processor to type a message such as "IF THIS CAMERA IS FOUND PLEASE CALL 201-555-1212 FOR A REWARD" Use a really big bold font that fills the screen & take a picture of it & transfer it to all of you chips. If you make it large enough it can be read using the screen on the camera. Don't download this picture when you transfer your pictures & if an honest person should pick up your camera you stand a chance of getting it back since most likely they'll take a look at you photo's.
Good Luck
Old 09-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Let me guess, you heard it on Kim Komando's radio show too?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:06 AM

Yep - I can't take credit for the idea.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:21 AM

The key is an honest person finding it. I lost my wallet a week before my last cruise. I had $200 in it along with my S.S.card, driver's license, and two credit cards. Not only did the person who found my wallet keep the money and NOT return my other things, he also bought things on the internet with one of my credit cards. What a mess!

Sonny
Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 AM

Well Sonny, there is the "honest" person, the one that woudl just keep the money claiming they found it but there was not money in it AND then there is the outright crook... unfortunately you found the outright crook.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately an honest person cannot return something if there is no way to find the owner. That is a great idea! I put a label on all my electronics so an honest person has no reason not to notify me.

When I was 18 I had just cashed my paycheck ($130.00) 1970s. I stopped at a payphone (no cellphones). An hr later I realized I left my wallet. I went back to the pay phone and it was gone. I was sick! When I came home several hrs later my mother said a man came by with my wallet. He appologized for not coming sooner but said he did not live in the area and it took him awhile to find where we lived. This was in Huntington Beach CA. My mom offered him a reward and he refused. He said he felt an 18 yo needed it more than he did. I was so excited I did the happy dance!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:27 PM

My wife once left her purse hanging on the bathroom stall at a roadside rest. She realized her mistake about 30 minutes down the road. By the time we returned over an hour had passed. The purse was no where to be found. We noticed a "bum" and talked to her, she offered to help find it but we were sure she had taken it.
After about an hour at the rest stop, we called ahead to the motel that where we had made reservations . This was in the days before cell phone and internet, and we needed to let the motel know we would be late.
Once her heard our name he said that a person had called and was going to drop out my wife's purse. Turns out an honest person had found it, checked inside the purse, on my wife's daytimers was our motel contact information. The Bum we were trying to blame was only trying to help us find the purse, not a thief. The roadside rest was on an interstate Hwy 99 in California, 200 miles from home. The lady that found it lived less that 5 miles from our home. The friendship lasted for years, until the family moved out of state.

Closed Thread

Tags
camera, caribbean, cruise, found, license, lost, mexico, photos, royal, week