Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 12:33 PM

We are sailing the Western Caribbean in march on NCL Sprit. We plan on taking three ship guided Excursions. I know we want to go Snorkeling and do a Mayan tour. I was wondering where the best places to do these were the ports of call we are going to are. Costa Maya,Santo Tomas Castilla Guatemala, Belize city,cozumel. Any suggestionf on this would be greatly Appericated
Old 08-03-2007, 12:33 PM

We are sailing the Western Caribbean in march on NCL Sprit. We plan on taking three ship guided Excursions. I know we want to go Snorkeling and do a Mayan tour. I was wondering where the best places to do these were the ports of call we are going to are. Costa Maya,Santo Tomas Castilla Guatemala, Belize city,cozumel. Any suggestionf on this would be greatly Appericated
Old 08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned

Hi Boneman. Welcome.
I can only speak for Cozumel and Belize.

The snorkeling in Belize is wonderful. I've snorkeled at Goff's Caye. Beautiful reefs, tropical fish, crystal clear waters, all set around a tiny island.

In Cozumel, I have snorkeled at Chankanaab Marine Park several times. I haven't been back since Wilma came through. Many on this site have stated that it hasn't been the same since. The snorkeling, as I remember it, was excellent.

I am sure you will get many more responses offering advice.

Have a great cruise.
A'ndrea
Old 08-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Costa Maya is a definite beach day. Go right outside the port and grab a taxi or the little zebra bus taxi and go to Mahahual Beach. ($3 pp to get there). Once you're there walk straight ahead and see the "Cat's Meow". Find George or Barbara and then sit yourself down for some drinks,food and beach time. Tell George or Barbara that you want a beach massage and ask to have them get you someone really good. They will gladly do that. THEN you get to partake in a wonderful $20 (for 45 minute) massage that was almost as good as the massage therapist that I have been using for the last 15 years. It was a wonderful, wonderful, relaxing day and we didn't want to leave. We WILL return!

Kim
Old 08-14-2007, 12:17 PM

Why are the former president and first lady giving beach massages??
Old 08-14-2007, 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
Why are the former president and first lady giving beach massages??

Times are tough, Doc. :-)

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 AM

Santo Tomas is awful There simply is nothing to do. They have a nice visitors center there with shops and shows by the locals. Santo Tomas is a port...period! It's a shipping port...so not much there. We went to the Amatique Bay resort there...boring!!! Just not much to do.

Same thing with Costa Maya...boring!! Not much to do there. There is a make believe village they set up at Majajual which is a short $3 bus ride away. But it's pretty bland and very touristy.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:54 PM

The ruin tours from Costa Maya are ok ... it is just very HOT ...

Closed Thread

Tags
amatique, bay, cruise, resort, review, tours