Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 AM

We're traveling the S. carib in July on the Carnival Destiny with our 11 y/o daughter and am looking for recommended excursions. -particularly private ones that are booked independently (not through the cruise line.) Last year we did the Western Caribbean on the Miracle from Tampa and had such a great time on the smaller, private excursions that we'd love to find some for this year. We love sightseeing & nature, but are not real touristy or big shoppers. Any suggestions? Also any one else on this cruise?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 AM

We're traveling the S. carib in July on the Carnival Destiny with our 11 y/o daughter and am looking for recommended excursions. -particularly private ones that are booked independently (not through the cruise line.) Last year we did the Western Caribbean on the Miracle from Tampa and had such a great time on the smaller, private excursions that we'd love to find some for this year. We love sightseeing & nature, but are not real touristy or big shoppers. Any suggestions? Also any one else on this cruise?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:29 AM

What ports will you be visiting?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:02 PM

Dal, I have arranged the private tour for our group to each port. If you like I can send you our itinerary and contact information of the tour guide (microsoft document).
Old 05-27-2007, 11:50 PM

Penny3333- We'll be traveling to St.Thomas, St.Lucia, Dominica,Barbadoes and Antigua - plus we'll spend a few extra days in San Juan. Any suggestions you have would be great. Thanks...
Old 05-27-2007, 11:56 PM

Tablefor5- that would be great...and I'd love to hear how everything went when you get back
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Well I already cruise in the past in the Carnival Destiny and will be cruising again during this July; I am also from Puerto Rico. So here are a few pointers from me and some friends from PR:
• Is better to book directly from carnival if there is any trouble or change in itinerary they will refund you the money or make the necessary arrangements.
• Arrive early all people come at 2:30 pm. Is what said in the tickets, but you can check in before and avoid the long lines. I discover this too late and arrive at 2:30pm sharp in my last trip with them, ok it didn’t take long but the terminal was hot!!! And also you get a full day to enjoy before anyone…
• Puerto Rico: arrive early so you can visit “El Morro” and “El Viejo San Juan” is not far from the ship, you can walk thru them or can get a taxi tour and is not expensive, the Bacardi is also a good place to go.
• San Thomas: You have to visit St. Johns, especially if you want to swim and enjoy a day at the beach, you can get the transfer boat near the port a few steps from the ship and is not expensive, forget about Coral world, it not be worth the money… I am planning to go to the black beard tour, I love Pirates so is a good option but I booked directly using carnival.
• Dominica: Is not much to see here maybe the waterfall or the dolphin tour, last time I did not book any tour here just went to the “mall” outside in the port, buy a few things, really a bargain opportunity!!! A lot of things and a good price!!!
• Barbados: Island tour is the best, if you don’t want to booked it thru carnival just go to the mall in the port, outside there are a few tour guides and you can even book this same tour for just a few $$$, but I booked thru carnival last time so don’t know how much is it…
• Get SUNBLOCK and EXCEDRIN, buy one of those Camel Bag packs, Is hot here and for some reason this summer has been one of those that you can fried an EGG in the street…
Well that’s all for now
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 AM

If you are stoping in St Lucia and Barbados I recommend the Thriller turtle tours over in Barbados and in St Lucia I highly recommend one of the private tours with Serenity tours. You get them at serenitytvl com or call them on the 800 number. Our group of 22 had a private Land & Sea tour and Volcano plus beach on a value pack. We were guaranteed an on time return and so it was, plus you get a private ambassador on each tour. Quite good

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carvival, cruise, excursions, price, southern, worth