Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006, 06:09 AM

We are doing the west caribbean which includes ports Isla Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. I am not a big fan of doing the Cruise Excusions as they are crowded and more expensive. We are looking for any help in planning our own. Snorkling, Hanging on the Beach with a rest and bar or other interesting Ideas. Anyone?

Edit: Moved to Caribbean Port Chat. RF
Old 04-17-2006, 03:54 PM

We did the Western Caribbean in early March with this same itinerary.
Check out; Islandmarketing.com

for some private excursions in Costa Maya, and Belize. We did the Extreme cave tubing in Belize through Island Marketing, and were very impressed with that outfit, our tour guide was amazing....they seemed to know their stuff.
As far as Isla Roatan, well, I cannot even begin to tell you how very beautiful "West Bay Beach" is. You MUST GO!! My husband and I were not even going to get off the ship at that port, as we viewed it from our balcony. Our breakfast waiter that morning suggested West Bay Beach, and we thought we would give it a try. Boy, are we glad we did.....I would have to say it was our favorite port on this cruise. When you get off the ship in Isla Roatan, they will have this huge board with all of the beaches listed on it, and the prices to get to each beach via taxi {per person} West Bay Beach was the most expensive destination, it was $25 per person round trip. our taxi driver waited for us {for 4 hours},we just arranged a time to meet him, and he was there ready to bring us back to the ship. It was truly amazing!! The fact that it was the most expensive beach destination I think detoured people from going......That just gave us our own private beach for 4 hours!!
We found a little stand that was selling $1.00 cold beers, and fresh pina coladas {we actually watched them cut the coconut open and scoop out the middle to put in the blender}. We plopped ourselves down just next to that stand and enjoyed our own private heaven for 4 hours!!
I would not miss this beach, it was absolutely beautiful.

Joan

Closed Thread

Tags
caribean, carnival, carribbean, excursions, favorite, islandmarketingcom, valor, west