Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2005, 06:58 AM

Ok let me explain our situation. I need some advice on how to set up an excursion when we go to Nassau next month.

There are 5 of us Me and My husband, My 15 and 12 year old sons and my 5 year old daughter.

My husband had a scube cert years ago so would LOVE to go snorkeling..the boys are excited as well. I would like to do it as well although I'm not as adament about it as they are.
We looked at all of the choices, costs, etc of excusions and knowing we will only be AT nassau itself for one day..we didn't want to overdo it. We were considering going out to Pearl Island and just enjoying things at the island and not even going into Nassau or Atlantis.

The biggest problems I see are that my 5 year old can't snorkel. SO does that mean someone has to wait way back at the ship with her if everyone else buys and excusrion that includes the boat over to the island etc? Or if we took her with us we'd have to pay $100 for her even though she wouldn't be able to participate in 3/4 of the day?
Is it possible to get over there and then sign up for a snorkel or are they all booked up prior to that? I think the guys would like the one that you go out to the reef and get the pearls but that is the opne that leaves from the cruise ship. I've though about me taking her to do something more appropriate for her but I hate to be separated from the rest of the family. I have this fear of the ship leaving without one of us or that we will get stuck wasting alot of time just looking for each other.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 05-28-2005, 08:48 AM

bump

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09