Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2003, 06:03 AM

We loved these guys ! we paid $19 each for three stops 2 reefs and stingray city! We saw the poor fellows who booked through the cruise lines all cramped like sardines!
Old 12-05-2003, 06:03 AM

We loved these guys ! we paid $19 each for three stops 2 reefs and stingray city! We saw the poor fellows who booked through the cruise lines all cramped like sardines!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:43 AM

Did you book with Soto before you left home or when you got off the ship. I'm on the Grand January 11.
February 2004 - Grand Princess - W. Caribbean
March 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - E. Caribbean
May 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - Western Mediterranean (Mrs. E. & daughter only - I had a medical emergency)
October 2007 - RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Old 12-22-2003, 08:44 AM

In Grand Cayman we went with Snorkelers Dream Catamaran to stingray city and it was incredible. There is nothing like sailing on a catamaran except going to Stingray city on a Catamaran We did 3 snorkeling stops with stingray city and we sailed back while the Captain played guitar, it was an excellent day! The water was crystal and the crew was wonderful. Burt was the first mate and he was so sweet and friendly. The price was great too, $34 for us adults and only $20 for the kids.

The catamaran is really nice, loads of room to stretch out and relax, we only had maybe 15 people including us on board and (we are 6) and it is a really big cat...50ft(?)
Old 01-08-2004, 08:03 AM

Wild child, we have a 3 year old so he can't go on the ship sting ray city excursion, Do you know if they have an age requirement? Did you have any young children on the catamaran?
Old 01-13-2004, 09:44 AM

Wild Child - Was the Snorklers Dream Catamaran near where the cruise ship docked? If not about how far away was it, did they pick you up?
Old 01-20-2004, 10:49 AM

Stingray city is in the northsound, like a bay in the middle of the island so none of the trips leave from the cruise ship area. They organised the transportation for us from Blue Iguana store about a block or two from where we got off the ship. It was about a 10 minute drive I guess and they brought us back to the port area after the trip. We had some younger kids on board, I'm not great with kids ages, but I'd say we had a 4or 5 year old onboard and she had a great time although it was kinda funny to see her initial reaction over the rays...I don't think I've heard a scream that high pitched before Soon after she was in the water as Burt convinced her it was safe.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:59 PM

captain marvins is a great trip for stingray city & snorkling you can make reservations on line at captain marvins .com

Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, cayman, caymans, city, cruise, dream, grand, ray, reviews, snorkel, snorkelers, soto, sotos, sting, stingray, tours, year