Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 PM

We are thinking of booking the dolphin swim at Chankanaab park. Has anyone been recently and could give us suggestions? After the dolphin swim, can you spend time snorkeling at the beach in the park?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 PM

We are thinking of booking the dolphin swim at Chankanaab park. Has anyone been recently and could give us suggestions? After the dolphin swim, can you spend time snorkeling at the beach in the park?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:29 AM

We went in May 2008 and loved it. Yes, you can stay and snorkel or swim. They will not let you use any gear you use with the dolphins (snorkels, floats, etc) after your dolphin adventure is over. They have gear to rent or your can bring your own. There is not much of a beach, but a good snorkeling area. There is also a walk-through garden that is quiet and enjoyable with many replica artifacts from other places in Mexico. We really enjoyed our day there. It is a nice facility.

2004 - Fascination
2005 - Ecstasy, Elation
2006 - Sensation, Holiday
2007 - Fantasy, Glory
2008 - Holiday, Sensation
2009 - Fantasy, Valor, Glory
Coming up:
2010 - Monarch OTS
Old 02-16-2009, 12:23 PM

Be sure to book the Royal Swim with the Dolphin. It is worth every dime over the other options, and since you probably won't be doing this annually or anything get the most bang for your buck. Plenty of photo ops: bring a waterproof camera. We also bought the pics that they park employee took, they were fabulous and we were weakened by the "never do it again" mind set. Also bought the video. Our group was 6 people: we did not book through the ship but saw the ship's group, it was much larger. Also we did not use any snorkel gear, just life jackets. THis Royal swim was really up-close and personal.

The park is lovely and great and we were happy not to be on a ship's tour and have all the time we chose to be there. Cabs are plentiful there, and it is not far from the cruise port.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-18-2009, 10:01 AM

We also did the Royal Swim last April and I completely agree that it is worth every penny. You get to do alot of things with the dolphins that other swims do not include. We figured since that it was most likely a "once in a lifetime thing" we chose the Royal Swim. We booked with ShoreTrips and were very pleased. You do need to take a taxi over to the park on your own which was no big deal. We too noticed the larger groups through the ship. We also bought the video. We booked an early swim so we had plenty of time to relax on the beach and snorkel. We had a blast that day at a beautiful park.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2009, 05:17 AM

Thanks. If we book a Doplphin swim, it will definitely be the Royal Dolphin Swim. I am fairly sure this is what we will do. We try to do something different every time we go to Cozumel, and I think this would be a great experience.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:47 AM

Daisey, the swim is one of the most awesome experiences I've ever had. The dolphins are so strong, yet handle humans with kid gloves. When they swim with you, you can feel how powerful they are, it's amazing. Whenever I need a pick me up, I put in our tape. I can remember how much fun it was and how amazing they are. It's well worth the expense!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:36 PM

I just spoke with my husband. I think we are sold on the Royal Dolphin swim. We are planning to book directly through Chankanaab park.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:40 AM

Y'all won't regret it, it truly is fantastic!

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, book, booking, chankanaab, directly, dolphin, dolphinschankanaab, forum, national, park, review, reviews, reviewsswim, royal, seim