Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 06:09 PM

We are planning a morning beach outing to be able to make a private tour at 2 pm. island time / 1 p.m. ships time and are hesitant to try Orient Beach because of distance and this time constraint. The beach in town has been recommended to us, but on the port review site that linked me to this it that beach was reviewed as "not pristine" "dirty" "rough" "rugged". Anyone been there recently? Would it be worth it to cab over to Orient at 8 a.m. for an hour or two? It seems to be on everyone's must see list. Laurie
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-04-2007, 07:38 PM

I've been there just two weeks ago. I was not in the water there (except my toes), but the beach was clean, and even the water looks pretty good. Waves are very calm - against the rough waves I have noticed at Maho Beach. I wished I should stayed at the city beach in Phillipsburg.

But you can't do it very wrong. Just enter a water taxi at the pier, and 5 minutes later you are at Phillipsburg Beach and have a look onto the beach. Even if this beach is not your choice, you are not wasting a lot of time (you are also right there for shopping).

Best regards

Diddn

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 04-01-2007, 05:36 PM

Of all the Caribbean beaches we have been to on our 7 cruises, this beach is our LEAST favorite. Little Divi isn't that far away. Maybe that would be a good choice for you for the morning.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, cruise, divi, family, maarten, maho, marteen, phillipburg, phillipsburg, pillipsburg, port, reviews, sint, st, stmaarten