Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM

Yes, I reserved my spot with a credit card, but he doesn't actually charge you until you arrive. If there is a problem with tendering or a port deviation - you are not charged. You can also choose to pay with cash, rather than putting it on the cc once you arrive.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-18-2005, 10:21 AM

We just got back from Belize. I would not do an excusion that was not booked through the ship. We did the ariel trek and tubing. It was definately exciting. Our bus broke down on the way back to Belize City. Had we not done our excursion through the ship, we would still be in Belize. As for poverty, yes most carribean countries are, BUT.... Keep in mind that Belize has only been an independent country for a few years and they are not as laid back as other countries in the carribean. After standing beside a broken down bus and watching a pick up load of men carrying automatic weapons pass by, we asked about gun laws. The response was, "No laws, but good idea to have one." He meant good idea to have a gun, not a law. There is only one jail in Belize and there are only about one thousand people in it. That is not because crime is low. It is because you can do a lot of bad things in Belize and not go to jail. The mentally ill have no place to go, so they just roam the streets. I didn't see much beauty there. The jungle area looks a lot like tropical areas in the states. The port there has only been open to tourism for about 5 years. The people and the wild life have not become accustomed to tourist yet. The only wild life that we came in contact with were bats in the cave and red ants in my shoe. That hurt. Remember your insect repellent.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:29 PM

Wow what a story...thanks for sharing and I'm glad you told me about repellent...ouch!! Don't believe the Carnival Legend offers a "double tour" so we'll probably go tubing...one more thing....was the water freezing???? or is this "rumor"???
Old 10-18-2005, 06:40 PM

I loved Belize. Reggie and his son, Lionel, were terrific. I used him because of Nancy's recommendation. If you want to see my Belize thoughts, go this review and scroll down to the Belize part http://www.cruisereviews.com/Carniva...Elation79.html

Now, is Belize a third world nation? Yes. Is there crime? Well, literally every window is covered by iron scrollwork. Even on the third floor. But I never felt unsafe at all. People are coming and going, going shopping, to work, kids are around, it's just a city in the Caribbean to me. You will be there in the day, anyway.

It's funny to see what people hate and what they love. I HATED Progreso and Merida, and I LOVED Belize and Roatan Beach, and those are love 'em or hate 'em places.

No bats in the caves that I saw. Pas de red ants. Water was warm (August).

Reggie was great, as I said. You can just tell that the man is honest to his core. He is almost obsessively dedicated and worried about time and safety.

Butts Up!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:42 AM

LOL LOL Butts Up is right. If you go tubing, remember what that means.(I missed one of those calls, and my butt still hurts.) And it doesn't mean turn over onto your stomach. We saw a lot of bats in the cave, keep your light shining in the little holes on the top of the cave. The water was not freezing, but not warm either. It was very very chilly. But not so cold that you didn't get used to it quickly. I have heard and read a lot of good things about Reggie's tours. We probably would have gone with him, had his web site been up and going prior to our departure. I'm glad now that it wasn't because we really had quite and experience doing the ariel trek as well.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:24 PM

Try http://www.coralbreezelimited.com

Southern Caribbean on the Golden Princess
Crown PCrown Princess 07-20-2006

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, gun, laws