Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 AM

I am going to being visiting Nassau, Grand Turk, and Half Moon on an upcoming Cruise with Carnival Destiny.

We are 7 people, ranging from 10 months old till 63 years old.

I am wondering what excursions we could do as a family. The issue is the age range, as we can't really do much with a 10 month old (such as swimming with Dolphins).

We already did the visit the Paradise island excursion last time.

What else could we do? Any ideas? Any worth while sight seeing trips? Or is it better just to do the beach thing...

thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 11:09 AM

In Nassau, you could visit the Straw Market or the Turtle Farm. Cabbage Beach is adjacent to the Atlantis on Paradise Island, so for those who have not been to Atlantis, they could walk through it. You could also go to the aquarium in Atlantis.

For Grand Turk, you could take an island tour. There is great snorkeling, but someone would need to stay with the baby. You could take turns. There's a real nice beach where you dock and some shops there, too.

Half Moon Cay is a private island, so pretty much a beach day there as there are no island tours available.

Best wishes!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:44 AM

Thanks Penny....

Can't wait to do some shopping the Grand Turks. They have a Little Switzerland there which carries nice watches and if the price is right I might pick one up!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 AM

Before shopping there, make sure to check out the prices on board. Sometimes, they have better prices than the islands (especially when they have their sales). It's not going to be long now, lucky
Old 07-28-2009, 08:29 AM

I know!!! It's just around the corner!! We've had such a bad summer in Montreal, Quebec (always raining) that I could use some sunshine from the South.

I am sad that I booked a 5 day, it will go to fast.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 AM

That's ok, it's a good excuse to book another one
Old 08-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Half Moon be sure to bring your camera. The photo ops are so beautiful with the ship in the back ground. They did have the ships photographer there that took some and they were beautiful. Be sure to have your whole group pose for one of those photo's, with all of you in the water, it will be the prize picture of the cruise. The ship prepare a wonderful BBQ for you too that you can eat on the beach. The water is so warm and sand as soft as baby power. For the young ones they have a good roped off shallow area. Gradual slope for everyone else. Nice nice beach. You have to tender off ship, but it goes fast. You get a number and wait in the air condiditioned theather until they call your number. Nassau has a tour that you sit on the dock and the Dolphins swim around to you. At the end you can get in the water if you want, and they come up and give you a kiss. Kids would love to see this. Just to touch these magnifant creatures is awesome. Grand Turk they have an acre pool in Margereta Ville that is very shallow on one end the little one could sit and slash, all very family friendly.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN

Closed Thread

Tags