Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 12:04 PM

Coki had very good snorkeling, especially for a poor swimmer like me. However, it does get busy when the excursions arrive! I would recommend it nonetheless.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:18 AM

I love Sapphire too, was there several years ago and MTV was doing their televised Chili cook off so was interesting. And the ride over is very educational to say the least. I am actually looking at buying a 1 bedroom condo there but prices have doubled in just a few years! Some teenagers beside us on the beach ordered pizza..it arrived via speed boat right up on the beach! will never forget that! Good Luck, Island
Quote:
Originally posted by kj:
Like you, I went to the internet to find recommendations on where to visit while in St. Thomas. I read that it was a small island, and the taxi's go around the island all day, so getting a ride is very easy. Due to that, this was the first time I went out on an island without a booked ship excursion.

Due to the reviews I read, I wanted to visit Coki Beach, Megans Bay and Sapphire Beach. We easily got a taxi and went to our first stop, Sapphire Beach. We didn't go any further. This was a beautiful beach! I read that the snorkeling was best on the sides by the rocks. The reviews were correct. There was a beach restaurant, right where the taxi left us off. While visiting the beach, we talked to a man who vacations there yearly. He recommended that we go to the restaurant next to where we were left off. The food and the view was great.

I love cruising, however this is the first beach I've come across that makes me consider just flying to and staying at Sapphire beach for a week or two.

kj

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beachor, coki, cruise, dock, excursion, forum, fourm, magens, own, restaurant, sapphire, ships, shore, snorleling