Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 PM

My husband and I will be cruising on the Liberty of the Seas visiting San Juan, St. Maarten, and Labadee, Haiti. If anyone has any recommendations for excursions, I would appreciate your input.

We look forward to our first cruise on RCI. Princess has been the only cruise line we have had the pleasure of experiencing.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:53 AM

Welcome to cruise-chat keys! San Juan-a tour of old San Juan is interesting or a tour of the Barcardi factory-yummy! St. Maarten-there's a beach close to where you dock and there's good shopping there. Lots of people like Orient Beach (clothing optional), but the ride over allows you to see some of the island. The last time we were there, we did the America Cup Racing. It was a hoot, tourists running racing yachts. Labadee-I believe the zip line is open now. Great beach day there. I hope you enjoy Royal as much as Princess, so far Princess is my favorite. Have a wonderful time and I'm sure you'll receive more suggestions. Hope this helps a little.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
We were in St Maarten a couple of months ago and really enjoyed the "Catamaran Snorkel & Beach With Lunch." They also had an open bar which really appealed to us It definitely was a relaxing excursion and they were not shy about keeping the drinks flowing. (we started drinking by 9am!!) No worries about this one being a strenuous one. I've heard only good things about the excursion that Penny is talking about. From what I understand, and i don't always understand correctly , that one will require a bit more activity on your part, but sounds real fun.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:28 AM

I have to agree with both penny and kkontny... Beaches in Labadee are very enjoyable. St. Maarten is a gorgeous port of call. Wear sunscreen and be prepared for some awesome sights. If travelling with children, remember that Orient Beach is clothing optional. If they haven't reached anatomy in school, be prepared for them to obtain a free lesson.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. Penny3333, may I ask why is Princess your favorite cruise line?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Keys, there are many reasons why Princess is my favorite. The ships are immaculate, the service is impeccable and the food is awesome. We've been on the sun class ships and are scheduled to sail on the Emerald in November, which is much larger. The sun class ships hold 1950 pax., you never feel crowded and there is always some place to go for quiet time. There is a feeling of elegance, but not to the point of being snooty. The crew is professional and very polite. They have adult pools and hot tubs and do not let children in them, they also have an area for families. Their pools are fresh water. It's just minor differences from the other lines, but it made a great impression on us.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Hi everybody,

CruiseTickers.com is back in action again...

So enjoy the service
Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Can someone please tell me when we do shore excursions, and we want to swim and things, and can't carry our passports, camera, and money, do they have a place for us to keep them?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Hi janagu, and welcome to cruise-chat.

First, we never take our passports off the ship. Instead, we bring a color photocopy of the page with the photo and other pertinent information. That, $, one credit card, our ship passes and the port agent's information from the daily program, are kept in a waterproof wallet that zips into my husbands swimshorts.

As far as the camera, we either leave it in the ship's safe and bring a disposable water resistant one, or bring it and take turns on the beach watching it. I would not trust anyone to watch your stuff while you swim.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by keys:
Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. Penny3333, may I ask why is Princess your favorite cruise line?
Because she hasn't cruised Royal Caribbean yet...

Sonny

Closed Thread