Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Has anyone done this excursion through Carnival. I was wondering what time they pick you up and the cost.

Thanks!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Administrator

I've never been on the "deluxe" tour. It is really cheaper and more flexible if you do it yourself. Just grab a taxi to Playa Mia and pay at the gate. You can pick from several plans - basic entry all the way up to all-inclusive (aka deluxe). Frankly the basic entry and pay-as-you-go for drinks and food is the best plan. There are always taxis waiting by the gate, so that way you can leave when you want and not be tied down by waiting the everyone to leave on the bus.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 PM

When safety is not a factor at a port, we always choose to do the excursions on our own. I love being able to come and go as I please and not on someone elses timetable.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:38 AM

Thanks Dave, that was what I was thinking as well.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:15 PM

My family and I just took a taxi to Playa Mia. My advice would be that unless you have children...choose a different beach. It was not as beautiful as Grand Cayman and was somewhat crowded.

Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, break, critic, cruise, delux, deluxe, deluze, excursion, mia, party, playa, review, reviews, sail, snorkel