Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 06:09 PM

Hello!
My husband and I are going on a Carnival cruise on the Fantasy in January. We would like to make our own reservation with Dolphin Discovery instead of through Carnival, but I am a little worried about timing. I see that the ship docks at Cozumel at 8am. Would a 10am appointment at Dolphin Discovery be reasonable? Does it take a while to get off of the ship when it docks? Is the ship ever late arriving to port? I think the dolphins are only a 5-10 minute taxi ride away. Are there always taxis waiting off of the pier? Thanks! Sorry for all the questions - we are just really excited! I will definitely let everyone know how everything goes when we get back! We are also doing a cave snorkeling excursion in Progeso!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:45 PM

I will try to answer all your question. Mexico is one hour behind ship time. Sometime the ships to arrive late but I'm sure you can call them and they can help you get other time. There are taxi's there when you get off the ship and at Dolphin Discover when you are ready to leave. I do think that 10 is a good time because then you get there it will only be 7am there time.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM

Thanks so much! I would love it if we gained time when we go to Cozumel, but I think that the ship's time and Mexico's time are both Central? We leave out of New Orleans so I believe the ship will be on Central time like Cozumel but I could also be totally confused!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:37 AM

Hang on a minute before you get the 10 am slot. If you are leaving out of New Orleans, then the times will most likely be the same. We just did the Dolphin Discovery a couple weeks ago and we were rushing around because we didn't know that they were on Central time. It worked out good for us because we thought we were going to miss it. We were on EST, so we gained time but you won't. When we were coming into port, the Carnival ship was docked at a port a lot farther away from the Dolphin Discovery than we ended up being. Where we docked at with the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, we could see the ship from the Dolphin center. Even though there are a pile of taxis, there is always a line waiting for them. I would recommend doing an 11 am time just to be safe. It looked like it could take closer to 20 minutes to get there from the pier I saw Carnival using. You probably will be ok with the 10 am appointment if the ship is on time. It will be 8:30 before you can get off though, so I would consider it. BTW, book the dolphins before 12-31 and you will get a 10% discount coupon to use on purchases in the park. You can use it on your video and picture purchases as well.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-20-2007, 05:02 AM

I thought that you would be leaving from Miami.
I didn't know that you would be in the same time zone. So there shouldn't be a time differents.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Thanks everyone! I never even considered time changes, so just knowing that we don't have one is good - and a big help when scheduling stuff! We are flying from Philly, so we will only move our clocks while in flight! This board is so helpful! I think, just in case, I will swim a little later with the dolphins! Happy Holidays!

Closed Thread

Tags
10, 11, code, coupon, coupons, cozumel, discount, discovery, dolphin, dolphindiscovery, make, military, ports, reviews, ship