Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 01:17 PM

I'd have to go with Carnival Victory on that one. Dominica is definitely one of my favorite ports, and St. Kitts is a great one, too. I believe that the Victory is a newer ship. The Victory is a larger ship than the Serenade.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:13 PM

I also had the Princess itinerary in mind too. It's on the Caribbean Princess and it stops at Tortola instead. How do you feel about Tortola or the ship?
Old 04-18-2008, 06:22 AM

I'll be on the Caribbean in a couple of weeks. I would imagine it will be similar to the Emerald, but will take a bunch of pictures and post them when I get back. Here are the pictures from the Emerald. Tortola is a great island. We've done 2 catamaran sail/snorkels there, both went over to Norman's Island area. One had a cave and one was around a rock formation like the pitons in St. Lucia. We had a cab driver take us around the island for $20. He took us to a restaurant that over looked where the Caribbean and the Atlantic met, it was breath-taking. Then he took us to a real nice beach on the northwest side of the island. It was gorgeous. He showed us where Jimmy Buffet wrote "Cheeseburger in Paradise". I know the Caribbean Princess has the Skywalker lounge, which is in my pictures of the Emerald. I don't think it has the Sanctuary, but it does have the MUTS (movies under the stars). This upcoming cruise is only a 3 day cruise, so I won't get to check everything out on board, but I'll do my best to try as much as I can.

I'll let you know more as soon as I return!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:22 PM

My personal preference would be Tortola.
Tortola Pic
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 04-18-2008, 10:56 PM

Tortola seems very beautiful. I guess I'm just scared that the Princess ship might be too quiet for us. Am I crazy to think that? After ready a few bad reviews over the Carnival Victory I'm leaning more towards Royal Caribbean. We're pretty active but Carnival ships sound
chaotic.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:20 AM

Princess, in the Caribbean, for a 7-10 day itinerary will have a younger demographic than on their longer cruises. They have the Skywalker lounge which is their disco and other clubs on board. They don't have the rock wall, the flo-rider, or the ice skating rinks like Royal Caribbean. I don't think you could go wrong with either Royal or Princess. Carnival offers a good product as well, but they usually have a lot more children on board. Not that that's a bad thing. We think Princess is just a bit better than Royal, but that's our own preference. Just to let you know, reviews can be taken with a grain of salt. Usually, the negative reviews are from someone who was looking for compensation for something they felt they deserved a free cruise for, and they didn't receive it. Best wishes!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:19 AM

We just got back from an 8-day cruise and one of the islands we visited was Tortola. It is a nice small island, with high mountains, and low valleys, reminding me of St. Lucia, which is just awesome.

If you have time and do see Tortola, try to visit the Queens staircase. They also have straw markets real close to the ship so you can get some nice T-shirts, etc. at a reasonable price.

We did the Carnival Liberty, and actually we (Carnival) were probably the only 3 ships in Tortola at that time.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, day, diving, dock, dominica, kitts, lines, maartin, port, princess, reviews, st, stmaarten, tortola, wear