Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Hello everyone:

I was looking at a cruise onboard HAL's Veendam. One of the ports of call in the cruise is Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala.

Is there anyone here that has been there? Is this a relatively new port of call for cruise ships?

I can't find any information about Santo Tomas de Castilla. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:54 AM

I have heard of it, but have not had the pleasure of visiting there. If it turns out to be as nice as Roatan, that would be awesome. I want to get back to Roatan soon.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
We stopped there this year but unfortunately I was sick from a respiratory cough so only walked around the dock area.
You can go up to Tikal but it is a long trip there or into Guatemala city.
http://www.destination360.com/centra...temala/map.php
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you for your help penny3333 and LHT28.

I believe San Tomas De Castilla is located on the map, where Puerta Barrios is, LHT28.

I think you got me sold on Roatan, Penny. I might look into that port of call.

Once again, thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frase:
I believe San Tomas De Castilla is located on the map, where Puerta Barrios is, LHT28.

Once again, thanks.
It is close to there.
I agree with Penny Roatan is wonderful do not miss an island tour it is a lush island. & the Iguana farm is something.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 AM
If you are a coffee drinker buy some bags of coffee......we have a machine that grinds the beans so we brought home about 10 lbs of coffee beans from the different ports.
In Roatan if you walk along the street to the right of the port there are people selling bags of coffee beans or ground coffee for about $5. ..looks like it is their home but if they have tables out front it is for sale.
If you stop in Cartegena go past the Juan Valdez stand at the dock and go down to the shops by the park coffee is cheaper in there but is you are going on a tour you may wait till you go into town to buy it
Make good gifts for people that like coffee

FUTURE CRUISES:

Closed Thread

Tags
call, castilla, castillo, de, guatemala, port, ports, roatan, santa, santo, tomas