Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2003, 08:00 AM

As I've said many times before, my wife and I are headed for the Eastern Caribbean in February, aboard Navigator Of The Seas.

Having found that cruise-line shore excursions can be pricey (and as some feel, confining), I did some web research and tracked down three good do-it-yourself walking tours for

• San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • Nassau, Bahamas
  • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI[/list]All three of the tours are from Frommers travel guides; two had their own maps, one I had to track down separately. Just reading them makes me look forward to my trip!

San Juan: Walking tour (with map)
    Nassau: Walking tour (with map)
    Charlotte Amalie: Walking tour - City map

I don't know if we'll be able to do any or all of these, but it's been fun tracking them down, so I figured I'd share.

Let me know if anyone has any comments on these walks, I think they sound interesting, but then again, I've never been to these cities.

-Scott H
    Chicago
Old 01-08-2003, 08:00 AM

As I've said many times before, my wife and I are headed for the Eastern Caribbean in February, aboard Navigator Of The Seas.

Having found that cruise-line shore excursions can be pricey (and as some feel, confining), I did some web research and tracked down three good do-it-yourself walking tours for

• San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • Nassau, Bahamas
  • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI[/list]All three of the tours are from Frommers travel guides; two had their own maps, one I had to track down separately. Just reading them makes me look forward to my trip!

San Juan: Walking tour (with map)
    Nassau: Walking tour (with map)
    Charlotte Amalie: Walking tour - City map

I don't know if we'll be able to do any or all of these, but it's been fun tracking them down, so I figured I'd share.

Let me know if anyone has any comments on these walks, I think they sound interesting, but then again, I've never been to these cities.

-Scott H
    Chicago

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribean, cruise, eastern, juan, map, puerto, recommended, review, rico, san, st, thomas, tour, tours, walking