Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2003, 08:26 AM

We are on the Celebrity Millenium departing March 16th and our ports of call are:

Casa de Campo, DR
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Nassau, Bahamas

Would appreciate any feedback on excursions. Has anyone done the Kayak adventure or the Latin Extravagansa in Casa de Campo? I have not read very good reports so far on this port of call - sounds as though we maybe be better to stay on the ship!!!!!

San Juan and Nassau sound as though they are more places to explore on your own????????

I hear that St. John's Island is the place to go whilst in St. Thomas. Does it take long to get there - where would you recommend? Would this be better than Megan's Beach on St. Thomas?

I am traveling with my father and I want this cruise to be something he will always remember so some hints/tips along the way would be great.

Thanks to everyone.
Chrissie
Old 01-23-2003, 08:26 AM

We are on the Celebrity Millenium departing March 16th and our ports of call are:

Casa de Campo, DR
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Nassau, Bahamas

Would appreciate any feedback on excursions. Has anyone done the Kayak adventure or the Latin Extravagansa in Casa de Campo? I have not read very good reports so far on this port of call - sounds as though we maybe be better to stay on the ship!!!!!

San Juan and Nassau sound as though they are more places to explore on your own????????

I hear that St. John's Island is the place to go whilst in St. Thomas. Does it take long to get there - where would you recommend? Would this be better than Megan's Beach on St. Thomas?

I am traveling with my father and I want this cruise to be something he will always remember so some hints/tips along the way would be great.

Thanks to everyone.
Chrissie
Old 01-23-2003, 01:41 PM

Wish I wqs going with you.I have always wanted to eat in the Olympic Restaurant as I am a Tiyanic buff.I cant help with Casa De Campo, never been there.Old San Juan is easily walkable and there is a free trolley that operates in Old Town.The rain forrest is also a good tour.St John is beautiful as it is mostly national park.Megans Bay is pretty but the secret is out and it is crowded.Coki Beach would be a nice alternative.Downtown Nassau is easily walkable from the docks.Atlantis is very nice.I have also been to Blue Lagoon Island if you want a beach day.I prefer the wall at the tongue of the ocean.Diving over the wall at 120 feet with the sharks is close to heaven for me.My wife says that I am nuts! hope this helped.
Joe
Old 01-23-2003, 01:46 PM

Lordy, I am getting dyslexic in my old age. I meant TITANIC.The Olympic was her sister and the Millenium has a specialty restaurant whcih has the original wood paneling in it.I understand it is very easy to imagine Rose and Jack dining beside you.Have fun.
Joe
Old 01-23-2003, 02:25 PM

Casa de Campo is an upscale resort with its own shopping complex modeled on a Mediterranean village, world-class golf courses, and a riding stable (including polo ponies!) Check it out - don't stay on the ship!

Closed Thread

Tags
call, caribbean, celebrity, cruise, eastern, juan, millenium, port, ports, review, reviews, san, ship