Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 PM

We will be traveling in March and want to book a beach package. We will have 2 kids with us and saw both Sunset Beach and Paradise Beach as well as Playa Mia in Cozumel. We'll have a day in Cozumel and a day in Montego Bay, any suggerstions as to which would be the best location for water type activities and a nice beach for the adults?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:11 AM

My favorite spot for water activities in Cozumel is Xel-ha, absolutely great snorkeling and lots of water toys. There is transportation needed to get there. There is also Chankanaab Park, which has the swim with the dolphins, snorkeling (which the reefs suffered damage from the hurricane), a restaurant, a couple of shops, and nice beach areas (a cab ride away). Haven't been to Sunset or Paradise, planning on trying Paradise in January, but there have been many posts on Paradise. Paradise is where they film the Corona commercials. If you use your find tool (above your post) and type in Paradise Beach, you can find the posts (same thing with Sunset). Montego Bay, I'd suggest doing an all-inclusive for a day. Whatever you do decide to do in Montego Bay, stay with a crowd and stay in the tourist areas. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM

Hey there melancoly,
We were in the search mode a couple of years ago and chose Paradise Beach because of the high rating and customer satisfaction...great food, lots of water toys, excellent service and easy access. Look at www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com to see for yourself. Be sure to read the testimonials..se mine from May '06. Good luck, and you will have fun anuwhere!
Rodney
Old 11-07-2007, 12:29 PM

Paradise was great for the kids! and the adults....for 7 or 8 dollars you got a wrist band that allowed you to snorkel, watter trampoline, climbing mountain in the water and kayaking. For a small fee there was also a bungee trampoline. There is good food to order, many chairs and umbrellas, and the bar Carlos and Charlies is right next door! Lots of fun!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM

Thanks. I did some research and agree that Paradise Beach looks awesome
Penny- Can you recommend an all inclusive in Montego Bay. We are traveling on Carnival Conquest and when I did a search excursion on their site there were NO results at all. I loved your suggestion of an all inclusive. In the past we have booked excursions on our own vs through the cruise line and had a fabulous experience especially in Ocho RIos with a guy named Trevor. I consider myself a savy traveler but always listen to suggestions, warnings etc when going some place for the first time. Thanks
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 AM

Melancolymartini, check into Sunset Beach Resort. I think it was like $40/pp a day.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 AM

Another vote for Paradise beach, I have been there pre and post hurricane. They do a great job with service, cleaning the beach, and all the facilities you could want. I especially enjoy the outdoor showers, I bring along some sample size soaps, shampoos and a washcloth in a ziploc...after a day at the beach, washing off clean is a wonderful feeling, then I take a leisurely taxi back, and shop a little without feeling the need to rush back to the ship for a clean up.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, carlos, charlies, cozamel, cozemel, cozumel, cozumeln, cozumels, mexico, package, resort, resorts, reviews, snorkeling, sunset