Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 AM

I apologize if this question has already been answered in another discussion.

We are planning on going cave tubing in Belize. What do you do with your money, passport, etc. while you are tubing? How do you keep them dry?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:02 PM

Hello mjtx,
Welcome to cruise-chat. First of all, there is no need to take you passport off the ship . When I went cave tubing I left my wallet locked it the van that drove us to the area. Never heard of anyone having any problems. Some people carry those plastic waterproof containers you can put around your neck. It holds money and your I.D. cards. If you don't have one, they sell them on the ship. Cave tubing is the greatest thing you can do in Belize.

Sonny
Old 11-22-2006, 03:50 AM

I would find a waterproof solution. I for one am not leaving my ID and cash in a foriegn country, in a stranger's van while I am Cave Tubing.

No disrespect to Sonny at all, he has cruised far many times more than I. It is just beyond my comfort level. I would worry the whole time and not enjoy the Tubing.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:55 AM

IslandCruz, you made a good point. I carry my cruise wallet when cruising. It just has my seapass and a few bucks in it. I just thought if it wasn't safe in the van, how long would they stay in business. I also left my camera in the van. They do have security in the park. We were assured our property would be safe while locked in the van. But, you're right, in most cases it's not a good idea.

Sonny
Old 11-22-2006, 10:37 AM

Whenever I leave the ship in port, I leave my wallet and passport in the cabin safe. I take two different credit cards, my license for I.D., cruise card, and some cash. All of this stuff is just fine if it gets wet. Any cash that gets wet will quickly dry when I spread it out in my cabin.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:44 PM

I just came back from Belize and went with Reggie's....I left my items in the bus. There is security at the park and no one had any problems.

The tubing was a blast.

But if you are worried about it, a small pelican case with a lanyard would be fine. There are no "real" rapids that would cause you to loose anything.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:50 AM

Walking distances can be challenging for me as I sometimes become fatigued (and therefore miserable). But I heard the cave tubing was definitely something we should do in Belize!

Can anyone tell me how long the entire excursion was, how much walking was involved etc.?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:59 AM

In August, we went cave tubing with cavetubing.com and had a great time. We left most of our stuff on the bus which was locked and the driver was there. Remember, lots of their business is by word of mouth and thru postings on the internet so its in their best interest to take good care of us. If I remember correctly, I think we had about 20-30 minutes of walking. My wife had just gotten her cast off her foot 5 months previously and she had no problems keeping up nor did my 10 year old have any problems. The guides even offered to carry the tubes for them. At least with cavetubing.com, you don't do any work on the river other than relaxing in the tube and watching the sights. The guides did all the work. Just bring bug spray and enjoy.

Doug
8/92 Monarch of the Seas
3/93 Mardi Gras
3/03 Victory
8/06 Glory

Closed Thread

Tags
cavetubingcom, passport, tubing