Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:41 PM

hello,

we are sailing on the Legend in November. We are visit the ports Cozumel, belize and Roatan. I want to visit the West end Beach in Roatan- is there any shuttlebus from the ship to the beach?

In Belize and Cozumel we are visit the ruins.

Is there time now in Cozumel when we are back from the Ruins for shopping or ist there no time?
Have someone any Informations where the legend dock in cozumel, which pier?

Thanks
Christian

Old 09-13-2009, 03:46 PM

Cross reference the length of your shore excursions with the time the ship leaves port. If the length of your excursion is the same (within 30-60 minutes) length as the time the ship is in port, then no, you won't have time to shop. I took an excursion to the ruins in Cozumel a number of years ago. The tour was 6 hours, and that is all the time we had in port. We were dropped off right at the ship just in time to embark. I actually recall running up the stair to my cabin that day to change very quickly for formal night (had about 15 minutes before our early seating dining room time). Not sure about Belize or Roatan, but I'd use the same timing logic as above.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 AM

You're visiting some fantastic ports. There are no shuttles running in Roatan, at least there weren't when we were there. There are some cabs available. We took a snorkeling excursion and they took us by bus to another marina. Visiting the ruins in Cozumel (Tulum) is a long excursion, the transportation to/from the ruins is about 4 hours of the excursion itself. The ruins are great, but the ruins in Belize don't involve as much travel time. If you want to shop in Cozumel, maybe consider visiting Chankanaab Park or Paradise Beach for part of the day and then coming back to do shopping. I, personally, would not take shopping over Tulum. The ruins are fantastic, and the setting is absolutely breathtaking. Best wishes!

Closed Thread

Tags
baliez, belize, city, cozumel, crise, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, reviews, roatan, routan, ruins, ship, visiting