Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 04:35 AM

Hi, Hope someone may be able to help this 1st time cruiser with a question about money on different islands.
We are visiting St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten, Tortola, Curacao, Trinidad, Grenada and Barbados. We only call at the islands for one day and were wondering if they accept the U.S.$
We will of course have a credit card for any 'big' purchases but was wondering what to do for small items such as snacks, drinks etc.
Did't know if you have to change for each islands own currency. Many thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 AM

Yes, U.S. dollars are good. I've been to those places and used both cash and credit card. When is your cruise?

Merry Christmas!
Sonny
Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 AM

Sonny, Many thanks for taking the time to reply. We leave 29th Feb so I guess it is mainly March! Am quite excited but somewhat apprehensive. I read all these boards and think well if they can all do it so can I! It's just that we want to get the best out of the cruise and not come home wishing 'we had done that'. People say "you'll hardly leave the ship" and others that "you need to see all the islands". That I think would leave us completely exhausted !
Old 12-20-2007, 01:05 PM

I've been on over 40 cruises and still get off the ship at most of the ports. There's so much to do, and so much to see on any cruise. By the time Your crusie rolls around you'll have a good idea of what you want to do. It's just great to get out there and enjoy a great vacation.

Sonny
Old 12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trixibella:
People say "you'll hardly leave the ship" and others that "you need to see all the islands". That I think would leave us completely exhausted !
I find I cannot do it all anymore so we sometimes will just walk around the town a bit & head back to the ship to relax.
You can do as much or as little as you like.
If you miss something that is an excuse to cruise again to those ports!!

enjoy your cruise
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, currencies, islands, money