Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 PM

I noticed on the Cruise Review website the Animals and Minerals excursion. We are traveling Mar 09 on the Carnival Victory. This combo tour package is not an option. Can someone tell me how/where I can sign up for this combo excursion? Thank you, sandiamountains
Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 AM

I haven't seen that combination either. We did do the minerals part. They took us on an excursion that went into the caves on a tram. It was very interesting. If you like snorkeling, I highly recommend the Tiami catamaran sail/snorkel trip. Their catamarans are spotless, the crews are great, and if you do the one with the lunch, make sure you try the bajan pepper sauce. It is made with habeneros, so it is REALLY hot, but it is so good. They use a mustard base, with mangos and brown sugar. It's awesome. We're going to try the Folkstone Underwater Park when we go in December. We've done 6 Tiami sail/snorkels and enjoyed each one, but thought we'd try something different this time. There's also a little bar outside of the shopping area at the port that we need to collect our $5/bill from. The last time we were there, we signed it and put it on the wall. According to the bar tender, it's good luck and an omen you will return. My hubby is betting me the bar won't be there, I'll be very happy when we're sitting there having a drink! Hope you have a marvelous cruise!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Thanks so much for the reply! Was the mineral excursion worth the $ and time?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:42 AM

Not to me, but I don't like caves unless they're underwater. I'm not the type that enjoys rocks and things like that, but for someone who does like it, I'm sure it is a fun excursion. There are all types of formations, and some nice colored rocks. They gave us a miner's cap and gave us a guided tour in the tram. I enjoy the water and sun, but I know there are loads of people that like caves and rocks. For those people I'm sure the excursion is worth it.

Closed Thread

Tags
animal, animals, barbados, carnival, excursions, good, luck, mineral, minerals, mongoose, reviews, tour, type, victory