Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Nassau's shore excursion: Crystral Palace Beach day or Breezes All Incl. Beach Da (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/33149-nassaus-shore-excursion-crystral-palace-beach-day-breezes-all-incl-beach-da.html)

Elaine24 06-21-2005 03:44 PM

I'm still seaching and open to all suggestions about Excusions for the Eastern Caribbean. I have gotten lots of great ideas. Has anyone done The Crystal Palace Beach day or the Breezes All Inclusive Beach Day these are both offered on the Royal Caribbean's Excusion List.

Thanks Elaine

Oggy Boy 06-21-2005 04:24 PM

I have been to Breezes in Nassau and it is great. It is an older property, but still lots of fun. Fair beach, great pool, good food and lots of pool action. What do you see yourself doing?

Tom

NancyN 06-21-2005 06:54 PM

I am not sure what you get with the Crystal Palace Beach excursion - but I have gone to the Crystal Palace on my own and just hung out while on a cruise - no charge. Of course that was 2 years ago and things may have changed.

The all-inclusive aspect of Breezes is nice and the faciities are good (except when I was there the pool was cold) - so as Tom asks - it really depends on what you are hoping to do on your day in Nassau.

Nancy
Nancy

Elaine24 06-22-2005 07:07 AM

Hi Tom,

I basically was thinking of the kids and things for them to do...but through the cruise line it is very expensive. I think it might be $78/pp
which may not be worth it?

Elaine

Oggy Boy 06-22-2005 08:10 AM

I am not sure that I would suggest Breezes for kids. It tends to be popular with yourger adults who want to party and the pool is pretty active with singles looking for other singles.

Tom

NancyN 06-22-2005 08:33 AM

Hi Elaine,
Not sure of the ages of your children - but you might want to consider taking a ferry over to Blue Lagoon Island on your own. The Dolphin Encounter is there, but so are a lot of other options. There are 7 beaches, hammocks to relax in, snack bar and even a children's playgound. The ferry runs regularly from the Paradise Island Terminal.

Elaine24 06-22-2005 12:59 PM

Thanks I may do that. We stayed at the Atlantis a few years back and I acutally forgot about Blue Lagoon. ISn't that where they have the singrays? There were tons of jelly fish in the small lagoon..

Elaine

Elaine24 06-22-2005 01:02 PM

Thanks for letting me know that about Breezes that does change my mind...I don't think that would be good for two 14 year olds...

What about Blackbeards Cay Beach Tour? or Stingrays snorkle & Beach Break?

Elaine

Kate Ashlock 06-22-2005 05:46 PM

There are lots of choices in Nassau but a lot of people don't seem to like it very much.

When I head there in November to formulate my own opinion, I plan on doing some self touring on my own. That means if it's awful there won't be much of a financial loss. From the looks of the walking tour map I have, everything in the town is in reasonable distance. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Oggy Boy 06-22-2005 09:37 PM

That makes tons of sense to me. You can actually walk just about anywhere in Nassau without having to take a shore excursion. There is much to see around the port itself and on Paradise Island, if it a first visit.

Tom