Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2006, 07:09 AM

okay everyone, im torn inbetween the two. i recently sailed on the NCL Dawn a month ago, and am planning a cruise for January. However, im stuck inbetween the itinerary...

for the Spirit, i get...
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; St. John's, Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados; Saint George's, Grenada; Roseau, Dominica; Tortola, British Virgin Islands;

for the Dawn, i get...
Great Stirrup Cay; Cozumel, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Roatan, Honduras; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Ocho Rios, Jamaica

sooo, what would you do? i prefer to do the dawn ship itself, however i heard bad things about the ports of call. (i know im being stereotypical!!)

(I saw Bermuda on my last cruise... le sigh... if only everywhere was Bermuda!!)

so if anyone can give me any suggestions on which and why, i would GREATLY appreciate it! i am an avid reader of this forum.. lol, and with all the research i was doing inbetween the ships, i couldnt get a definitive choice!!
Old 07-29-2006, 12:28 PM

That is a tough choice. Assuming all those ports are new to you, you could go either way happily. If you would like the private island stop - no one else there but your ship, usually, and focused on beach activities - pick the Dawn. If you would like to see some ports that are smaller and more off the beaten path, choose the Spirit. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Closed Thread

Tags
call, caribbean, carribean, cozumel, cruise, dawn, granada, john, mexico, ncl, norwegian, port, reviews, spirit, st, western