Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:38 AM

My hubby has malaria and when he has attacks, he has to take Fansidar instead of quinine because he can't handle quinine. I sure hope no one ever gets it, it's not a fun experience at all.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Mosquitoes come out as evening approaches-In the Jungle and rainforests of Central America-a good insect repellent,frequently reapplied ,works well. If a breeze arises the insects don't fly.
That being said-Get back to the ship early enough before sundown
and carry a good bug repellent when you go ashore-your problems should be minimal!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
We saw no mosquitos in Roatan, but they tend to be out in the early morning and evening or in heavy bush. Use a good mosquito repellent, you can find some that are combined with sunscreen.

Need some cruise help?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:11 AM
I don't really understand the big deal
I mean if you worry too much
you will not enjoy your cruise.
Let me tell you this:
One time on Puerto Rico they told us about some sickness that the mosquitos were spreding throught the island, well everyone were looking for the anti-mosquito repellent and at the end there were no place to find them because everyone were so scare that the repellent was sold out. Just because some people, 2 person in the island yes only two, were on the hospital because of it that, was a reason enought to the whole island to panic.

let us use science of logic for a moment:

To be true many of those diseases can be transfer person to person, even by mosquitos on the ship after the people arrive from the island they can be biten and then the mosquito can bite someone else on the ship.
What are you going to do be on your cabin all the cruise?
Well the ship visit the port every single week of the year no??

have you EVER READ ABOUT A SHIP WITH PASSENGERS WITH MALARIA OR ANY OTHER DISEASES BESIDE NOROVIRUS??

The media always write about the norovirus and they enjoy destroying the cruise industry reputation with it,
Will they left an oportunity like this:

" Carnival ship the killer malaria cruise"

out of the picture??

the answer to that is no,

enjoy your cruise
life is short and worrying is no way to live
don't think about what can go wrong
think about what can go GREAT!!!
becuase if that the case YOUR cruise will be a nightmare and no a vacation.
Better yet forget about what you read, buy a repellent, just in case, and go to the trip you want to go, forget about the mosquitos, been biten etc.
At the end of your cruise you will see the big picture

and th even if you don't go out how about the persons on the ship?? or
Old 08-28-2008, 07:30 AM

I am not going to let my worries spoil my cruise. no way. I think you missed the point. I want to be safe, not really worried about any other disease that mosquitoes carry but malaria. and i would never give it a second thought if I didnt have this liver disease. I want to be careful tho.
But after people told me they had no problem with mosquitoes i feel much better, but I will use my bug spray. malaria is a nasty disease but is treatable. but with my disease I would get in trouble in a hurry. thats all, thats it, definately not going to let it spoil my cruise. I love cruising way too much.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, belize, bitten, carry, cruise, cruises, fleas, honduras, malaria, march, mosquieoes, mosquito, mosquitoes, roatan, sand, ship, ships