Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Please give some advise! A crew of us are on EOS 7-2-07!! IN Cozumel we have 3 kids (15, 10 and 8) wanting to do the dolphin swim! I really want to let them but do they allow children that age to participate w/o adults and will they allow adults to observe. I thought I had read that somewhere on here but couldn't find it on the RCI website other than the swim. Any other ideas for there or Belize would be great!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 AM
Banned

In Cozumel there is a dolphin swim offered at Chankanaab National Park. There were young children enjoying this excursion. Some parents were standing on the platform watching. Children under 8 must come with a paying adult as a companion. Check out www.dolphindiscovery.com for all of your questions. It addresses Cozumel on this site.
Belize offers great water activities if your family is into that. There is also the Baboon Santuary, the Zoo, cave tubing, Barrier Reef snorkeling and/or diving, swimming and snorkeling at Goff's Cay. Gail's point is a great place for spending time with sea manatees in their natural environment.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 AM

Thanks for the great info---we are really excited about Belize --my husband was there on a missionary trip--on the poor side of the island of course--and he was able to visit Belize City so we are anxious to get back there and look at the sights--we'll explore your suggestions--thanks!
With Cozumel and the dolphin swim we kept reading that they had to have a participating adult too so that's our concern--I had heard you could observe for probably park entrance fee and be right there but I didn't want to participate--mainly due to the expense --2 fees is much easier than the 4 of us!! My niece is 15 and I wondered if she would be considered an adult and counted for both my children 8 and 10!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Banned

Check out the site I posted. It does have FAQ's on the site. I believe it states that if a child is UNDER the age of 8, an adult has to pay a companion fee, but does not have to get in the water. Cozumel, to me, just keeps getting better and better.
As far as Belize goes... we've been there a few times and it's one of our all time favorite spots for snorkeling. The reefs and tropical fish are just outstanding. The water color is beyond my words. Locals are friendly, but not pushy like some other countries we've visited. They are working very hard on their economy and tourism and it shows. Just an absolutely beautiful country. Have a fun cruise. A'ndrea
Old 04-18-2007, 09:05 AM

I truly understand about the expense part, but this is a once in a life time experience. It is an awesome experience that I will never forget. I waited a long time to be able to do it, but it was worth every cent. Just make sure you book the swim with the dolphins and not the dolphin encounter. With the swim, you interact with the dolphins. We did our swim in Chankanaab Park pre-hurricane and it was absolutely one of the best excursions we've ever done. I have the video they took and look at it often. It is marvelous.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Thanks Penny. I forgot to mention that. The dolphin encounter is completely different than the swimming with the dolphins excursion. Dolphin encounter is not worth it, in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the great input! I can't wait to get there---I think I am at 10 weeks! OMG!!!
I definetly want my daughters to experience this!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:42 PM

You won't regret it. It is the experience of a lifetime. I am glad my husband and I did it too--understand it is expensive but would really soul and pocket book search before not doing it with the kids (next time you blink you will be sitting at their weddings, trust me). I second the idea of snorkeling in Belize. Since you saw Belize City previously you have experienced it all. Have fun.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
age, belize, chankanaab, controversy, cozumel, dolphin, dolphins, encounter, excursion, kids, park, reviews, swim, swimming, swims