Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:05 AM

I'm visiting the western Caribbean in April (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel). Which has the best snorkeling? Which has the best beach for just hanging out? Thanks for any help!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-31-2008, 06:13 AM

Hi Debdo,they are all excellent ports for snorkeling. If I had to pick one, it would probably be Roatan, but it's really a close call. Have you looked through our Caribbean Port Chat Section? You can use your "Find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in your ports, it will pull up all the posts made. Maybe you'd find something that really interested you. In Grand Cayman, there's some great snorkeling near where the tneders dock. There was a post in the Caribbean section from someone (can't remember who) that stated one of the dive shops would let you use their dock. In Cozumel, there's snorkeling available from the beach in quite a few places. Roatan and Belize, the only snorkels we did required a boat to get to the reef, but we've only been there once each, so there may be beach snorkels we haven't found. Be sure to check out the Caribbean Port Chat Section.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:44 AM

we just got back from a cruise on the legend with stops at the same ports.
at grand caymans we went to eden rock, it is within walking distance from the ship, when you get off the ship go past the taxis and follow the street to the left walk about 1/2 mile and u are there, free to snorkel, they have lockers you can rent. beautiful fish.
at cozumel try chanacanob, beach and snorkeling all in one.....my favorite place to go
try the tabayana beach break at roatan...wonderful
belize we just did the shopping area, do not go off on your own past the fenced in shopping area. totally unsafe
Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 AM

With the free snorkeling in Grand Cayman, the equipment is free as well, or do you have to bring your own?

Thanks.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-31-2008, 10:53 AM

we brought our own but it is only like 10 dollars to rent it
Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
After watching them pull the rental snorkel gear out of a so called 'sanitized' bucket on our first cruise, we opted to buy our own and have used it many times since - the best off the beach snorkeling we've ever done was in Roatan

Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 PM

This was a concern of mine..being the resident "Germaphobe". Just bring your own snorkel tube. I think Carnival sells them at the Shore Excursion Desk for $5.

I bring my own gear if driving though.

Dwayne
Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Which has the best beach for just hanging out?
Debdo, Seven Mile Beach is a must do! Not great for snorkeling, but the clearest water and beautiful sand you can imagine. I usually split the day and go there for some beach time, and then head to a better snorkel area close to the tender dock.

Dwayne

Closed Thread