Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 08:08 PM

I am traveling on Royal Caribbean to Coco Cay and Nassau in a week and a half. I haven't given much thought to my excursions just yet but I wanted to get some feedback on the best ones for the money, particularly in Nassau since we will be there all day. Any thought would be helpful. thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 09:16 AM

I always suggest a visit to Atlantis, it is really a unique resort. There is a public beach adjacent to the property. I enjoyed visiting the Queen's staircase, and I had fun at the straw market, but these are personal choices and may not appeal to everyone. Atlantis definitely does appeal to everyone as there is something for everyone incorporated into the resort. Atlantis is in Paradise Island, which is across the bridge. You can take a cab there, the water taxi is less expensive, but they cram way too many people on board. Hope this helps a little.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:15 AM
If you have never been to Nassau you may want to take a city tour. We did not book with the Cruiseline. We just walked off the ship and someone approached us and offered us a tour of the city for $25.00pp. We were also told we would pay after the tour so if we were unhappy and did not feel we got our money's worth we would not pay. It was very nice and informative. They told us interesting things like why are these houses half finished? About the economy, average wages, how much a gallon of milk is, about the schools. Then we were taken to a little market where we could buy a drink, use restrooms and buy some souveniers. Took us to spots for great pictures and then finally we spent 45 minutes at Atlantis. Well worth the $25.00
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM

Do you think that this was safe to do? I've heard pros and cons about both. Did they drive you? Is there anyway to tell if someone is legit? We're doing the same thing in May, and neither of us have ever been on a cruise, so I'm trying to learn all I can ahead of time!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, caribbean, cruise, excursion, excursions, nassau, port, reviews, royal