Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2006, 10:56 AM

Has anyone done the dolphin swim on Tortola (BVI) at the Prospect Reef Resort? I thought about doing it, but have heard some not so nice things about the facility.

If you've been there, done that, I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

Thanks!

Dream Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 12-12-2006, 11:55 AM

We didn't swim with the dolphins in Tortolla, we did it in Cozumel. It was one of the most awesome experiences I've ever had. I can't answer your question about the facility in Tortolla, but can tell you Tortolla is a great island. We've only done the snorkeling excursions to Norman's Island, they were both excellent excursions. If you have a chance, whatever the port, I'd highly recommend the swim with the dolphins. They are amazing creatures and it is a fantastic experience to interact with them. We purchased the video they did in Cozumel and I play it often. Brings back great memories. Hopefully, someone can answer your specific question. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:41 AM

Thanks for the info, Penny. I am really looking forward to it - have been all my life, in fact. I would never do it if I thought the dolphins weren't treated right, but I think youre email has convinced me. Can't wait!

Dream Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 01-04-2007, 06:32 AM

Hey Penny,

Where did you do the swim with dolphinS in Cozumel? Was it a chankanaab? That is what we want to do, but keep hearing the place isn't that great after the hurricane. Would love your input.

Thanks,

liz
Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 AM

Hi Liz,
It was in Chankanaab, but it was pre-hurricane. According to what I've read, it is up and running, but not back to 100%. I think that the dolphins are back, but not for sure. It was a wonderful experience, I had waited since Flipper first came out on TV and it was definitely worth the wait! Best wishes!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Hi Penny,

RCI says the dolphins are back, so maybe we'll try it and if there is nothing else to do there, maybe we'll rent some Jeeps and go around the island ourselves in the afternoon. Xcaret sounds great, but not sure the teens are going to enjoy the hour transfer each way (a problem with a lot of the excursions)!

Liz

Closed Thread

Tags
dolphin, swim, tortola, world