Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 09:53 AM

My daughter wants a "Coach" purse, and I'm wondering if I can get a better deal on them in St. Thomas, than here. If so,can anyone give me an idea how much I'd save to wait and buy it there? I did notice that there are 2 "Coach" stores in St. Thomas. I want to buy it only at a Coach store to be sure I'm getting the real thing and not a knockoff for my money. Thank you

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM

i looked at one store that sold coach and the prices were about the same. but do keep in mind, the islands are tax and duty free
Old 05-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Thank you Mandi. Saving the tax is good.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Banned

Moonbliss, I hope you don't mind if I throw in my 2 cents worth.
I only buy authentic Coach bags. I have been to Canal Street in Chinatown, NYC. I have also been invited to "pocketbook parties" many times. It is nearly impossible to distinguish a real Coach from a fake nowadays. The same holds true for Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Chanel. There are slight variations in Coach bags, that people producing knock-offs, haven't quite learned to perfect. I can tell a knock- off from a mile away. Usually the leather trim is a give away. And, believe me, they don't hold up. Replicators will even go as far as to put the Coach Serial Number on the inside pocket, so you think it's authentic. Don't be fooled.
The only way, and I do mean, ONLY way to be 100% sure you're getting a true Coach, is to buy from a Coach store or retailer like Macy*s or Nordstrom.
I never pay full price for my Coach bags/wallets. We have Coach outlets here in NY. I googled.... Coach outlet store Illinois... for you and I was able to bring a few outlets up. Not quite sure if they are near you or not. It's worth the drive. I travel an hour to get to ours. I always manage to save a minimum of 50% off of retail. I have gotten some real steals. Another location I have found that has deals are T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. They always have Coach mixed in with the pocketbook aisle. I have been told by the outlet stores that Coach sends items that the they can't sell to these places.
My husband thinks I'm absolutely nuts with the number of Coach bags I have. But, they were all purchased in an outlet.
Men just don't understand women and their purses, I guess.
If you want to private message me with any other questions, feel free. Good luck.
A'ndrea
Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 PM

moonbliss - Andrealovescrusing is right. Also...KNOW YOUR BAGS! Know what Coach is offering..what styles they have. I am a handbag addict, but it is with Dooney & Bourke. I always know what they are stocking and will not buy anything from anyone except a reputable store. Just remember....you will have a hard time returning it if it is a fake...
Now, if it doesn't bother you that much...I say then by all means, shop away.
Handbag shopping IS ALWAYS FUN!!!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 05-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

I only get mine state side, and at the most reputable places, like Needless Markup, uh, I mean Nieman Marcus!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 PM

I've decided to just get it here at home. Thank you all very much for your advice.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 05-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Banned

Kimberly, very wise decision. A'ndrea
Old 05-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Banned

Kimberly, an important side note... Coach warranties all of their bags for life. Your inside pocket serial number is a direct link to the company. If, for any reason, your bag, hinges, hardware, needs to be replaced or the leather needs to be tanned/cleaned, you can simply return your bag to Coach and it will come back looking brand new. If you do purchase a full leather grain bag, it's an investment to purchase the cleaner/moisturizer, as well. Have fun shopping. A'ndrea
Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 AM

Andrea
Thank you for the bit of warranty information. I did not know that Coach had warranties like that. Kimberly

Free Cruise Clocks

Closed Thread

Tags
authentic, bags, buy, closest, coach, cruise, designers, knock, maarten, port, ports, purses, saint, st, store, stores, thomas