Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 10:27 AM

Thanks everyone for your help!! My husband and I cant wait to spend some time here. We have even checked out their menu and picked out our food selections.
I am going to go parasailing...hubby is to watch from the beach. Has anyone ever been parasailing?? I think it will be awsome!
Dee
Old 05-05-2007, 11:05 PM

A'ndrea, I was there last Halloween and we tendered to what was Carnival's Pier. It was completly gone as LHP said. Nothing but the edge of the pier and rebarb sticking up. The shops on land are opened and Pancho's. I could not believe it. That was an awesome pier, they use to line up the Carnival ships there

I did not see any construction going on at all, and has been reported they are in a multi-million dollar dispute with Carnival. My friend from there has not posted in a long while, I am going to try to find him.

LHP- Have you communicated with Tom lately? Is he still running Paradise Beach?

Thanks,
Dwayne
Old 05-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Banned

Dwayne, Not only was Carnival's Cozumel pier awesome, it was, by all accounts, solid and withstanding of most anything. Just goes to show the havoc a storm can create. I'm sure if I saw it, I too, would be deeply saddened.

Cozumel is one of our favorite ports. It was where my husband and I honeymooned 20 years ago, next month. We spent 7 days in Cancun then took a puker over to Cozumel for another 5 days. Cozumel stole my heart in those 5 days. We have been going back repeatedly ever since. Although, I cannot say the same about Cancun.

In Cozumel, we stayed at the El Presidente Hotel, which is still regarded as one of Cozumel's finest hotels, to date.
Hopefully, things will turn around and, "the powers that be" can come to an agreement on the new pier construction.
A'ndrea
Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

When we were in Cozumel in March our taxi driver told us Puerta Maya was still two years away from being finished.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
When we were in Cozumel in March our taxi driver told us Puerta Maya was still two years away from being finished.
I believe it. Our first time back after Wilma was last October and they were just started to scratch the surface in the rebuilding of the pier. The couple of times we have been back since then...progress looks like it is moving very slowly.

I know that Carnival and Cozumel officials had a little tiff over a business deal before Wilma...I wonder if that is contributing to the slow progress??
Old 05-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:
Congrats LHP... Master Cruiser status. I just noticed you hit the 500 mark. Love your postings.
A'ndrea
Thanks...I just noticed that myself. Guess I am not very observant sometimes???
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
A'ndrea, I was there last Halloween and we tendered to what was Carnival's Pier. It was completly gone as LHP said. Nothing but the edge of the pier and rebarb sticking up. The shops on land are opened and Pancho's. I could not believe it. That was an awesome pier, they use to line up the Carnival ships there

I did not see any construction going on at all, and has been reported they are in a multi-million dollar dispute with Carnival. My friend from there has not posted in a long while, I am going to try to find him.

LHP- Have you communicated with Tom lately? Is he still running Paradise Beach?

Thanks,
Dwayne
Yes, I saw him when we were there in March. He is still there and going strong. He was on vacation a week in later in March to visit his Mom in Florida and take the "grand son" to get some spoiling!!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:28 AM

I was in Cozumel in March too on NCL. We docked! I'm gonna be there in 3 weeks..I'll letg everyone know. They've started the rebuilding but what Dave says is right. It's a minimum of 2 years away. We didn't go to the beach...we took the Fury Catamaran which is a blast. Still lots of fish to see, but the reef is gone! Then you go to their private beach which is beautiful To me it's the best deal! $49 per person, they do all the transporting, free beer and margaritas and sodas, and a wonderful staff. I've done it 3 times! Many of the boats now dock at the downtown pier which is much more convenient. I'll let everyone know the latest when I return!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:51 PM

Hey PA Steve, I have done the Fury twice and always have an excellent time and adventure. I was wanting to ask if you booked it from the ship or on your own. Reason is $49 seems the same we paid 8 years ago. It is nice to see the price the same, and it is well worth it.

LHP!!!, I just looked at the site and did not see the Catamaran excursion from Paradise Beach listed. Was he still doing it in March?

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, beach, beaches, carnival, clarity, club, cozumel, cruise, free, paradise, piers, port, snorkeling, tom, water, wristband