Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Has anybody been to Paradise Beach? Was this a good place to go? How is the beach? (Clean, crowded, etc..) Is the water clear and beautiful? How is the snorkeling and parasailing?
Thanks for your help.
Dee
Old 04-18-2007, 07:15 AM

I was there last October. The beach was alright but going into the water was another thing. You really needed water shoes because there were broken coral still from the hurricane. There is a bar on the beach that has great hambergers. Maybe things are cleaned up a little better by now. Cozumel just isn't the same since Wilma went through.

Sonny
Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 AM

Sonny,
Was this 10/05 or 10/06?
Thanks
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM

It was 10/06

Sonny
Old 05-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Banned

We have been to Paradise Beach 3 times in the past 6 months.

It is a $12 -14 taxi ride for 4 (depending on where you dock or tender into) one way.

There is no entrance fee however, they do expect you to eat/drink there for the use of their free lounge chairs, tables, shade, clean restrooms, changing rooms, a clean "groomed" beach and showers.

There is an optional $9 wristband that you can purchase if you want to use their non motorized water toys. They have an iceberg, two trampolines, floats, snorkeling (deposit required that is returned when equipment is returned) and kayaks. They also have life vests for younger children who are not strong swimmers. Any snorkeling right off the beach is not going to be the best due to the iron rock in the water and the surf...however, it is a neat way to introduce folks who have never snorkeled before and don't want to pay a lot of money for the first time try.

The clarity of any of the water will depend on the weather systems that come through. I would recommend water shoes for any beach resort in Cozumel on the east side.

Paradise Beach's food and drink are safe and delicious. They offer free Internet at the bar.

There are all kinds of activities from independent vendors around. Parasailing (wrenched from the back of the boat ~which is safer than beach starts), jet skis, massages ($1 per minute with a 20 minute minimum), hair braiding. They have a coconut climbing tree attraction that looked interesting (although I have never tried it) and other beach activities.

Again the wristbands for $9 are optional. Both the boys get one when we go, but hubby and I do not.

If you are looking for a good beach day where you can do as little or as much as you want to...I would recommend this resort.

Happy Cruising!!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 AM

We were there in March 2006. We had alot of fun and really enjoyred ourselves at the Beach Club. However, it was still pretty banged up from Hurricane Wilma. I would like to go back to Cozumel in a few years when the vegetation has a chance to recuperate. I am sure it is lovely.

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 05-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Banned

We cruised to other ports in '06 and '07. Last we were in Cozumel was April '05. I'm a little disheartened to hear of the devastation the island faced.
There was a pier with shops on it where Carnival docked. Is that now gone because of Wilma?
I certainly hope Cozumel recovers soon. It's one of our favorite destinations so far. A'ndrea
Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:
We cruised to other ports in '06 and '07. Last we were in Cozumel was April '05. I'm a little disheartened to hear of the devastation the island faced.
There was a pier with shops on it where Carnival docked. Is that now gone because of Wilma?
I certainly hope Cozumel recovers soon. It's one of our favorite destinations so far. A'ndrea
That was the Puerta Maya pier owned by Carnival and it got its "clock cleaned". Carnival is still using it as a tendering point, but it will be some time before it is the shopping mecca that it once was.

Other piers are back up and running. Punta Langosta (across from Carlos and Charlies) and the International Pier that RCCL owns.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

LHP, that's unfortunate to hear. Immediately off of the dock was the long, indoor walkway with perfumes, cigars, liquors, etc. and then beyond that was an outdoor shopping mall selling more souveniors. Are those two areas history, as well? Any idea when it's expected to be rebuilt?
A'ndrea
Old 05-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Congrats LHP... Master Cruiser status. I just noticed you hit the 500 mark. Love your postings.
A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, beach, beaches, carnival, clarity, club, cozumel, cruise, free, paradise, piers, port, snorkeling, tom, water, wristband