Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 PM

The bad news, I lost my camera in Belize last week. The good news, the tour person found it. Question, how do I get it back? Will the cruise line help me? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Was the tour through the cruise line, or was it a privately arranged tour? If it is the latter then I'd say you need to figure something out between you and the tour operator. If it was a ship's tour then you may be able to get them to help. The only way to know is call customer service for your cruise line.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 AM

I spoke with Norwegian. They are going to let the guy give it to them at the tender port. It is to be addessed to the corporate office and they will forward it to us. Hope it goes as smooth as it sounds.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:51 AM

I love these type of stories. There are good people that do the right thing! My Sis lost an expensive and sentimental watch in the gym on Carnival once. She fretted (a southern term) for an entire day. We went down to the Purser's desk one last time the next day. It was there in the lost and found. Some honest person had turned it in.

Dwayne
Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Dwayne,

I has a similar experience with a pair of sunglasses not too long ago. Somehow I managed to loose an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses somewhere on the ship, I went to the purser's desk and sure enough they had them
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 02-03-2008, 04:45 PM

I wasn't so lucky. I lost the very first ring my husband gave me in one of the lounges onboard. Never to be seen again.. The trip insurance we purchased didn't cover half of the appraisal. He never lets me forget it either.. I did suprise him with one that I had made this past christmas.. looks the same but it isn't the original...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-03-2008, 09:09 PM

Several cruises ago I found 3 ladies diamond rings in our safe. I knew that the person that had the room before us must have left them. I immediately took them to the pursers desk and turned them in. They said they would send them to the lost and found dept. of Carnival.
I came home and posted about the rings on every cruising web site I could find hoping the owners would get them back. Of course when I posted I never gave the details of what ship and what room. I have often wondered if the owners got them back.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AllyGirl:
I wasn't so lucky. I lost the very first ring my husband gave me in one of the lounges onboard. Never to be seen again.. The trip insurance we purchased didn't cover half of the appraisal. He never lets me forget it either.. I did suprise him with one that I had made this past christmas.. looks the same but it isn't the original...
That is a truly sad experience, Ally... My wife won't let me wear jewelry on cruises as she feels that everyone is out to mug me. Imagine her surprise when, after all the cruises that we have been on, I ended up getting robbed at gunpoint outside of a restaurant in Athens, Alabama. (no offense, Dave)
Old 02-16-2008, 06:17 PM

Just goes to show yo that you are never safe anywhere. Just be aware of what's around you & Maybe you can stop an 'offensive' act

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by macmom111:
Several cruises ago I found 3 ladies diamond rings in our safe. I knew that the person that had the room before us must have left them. I immediately took them to the pursers desk and turned them in. They said they would send them to the lost and found dept. of Carnival.
I came home and posted about the rings on every cruising web site I could find hoping the owners would get them back. Of course when I posted I never gave the details of what ship and what room. I have often wondered if the owners got them back.
You would think for something like that Carnival would contacted the person that had the cabin before you.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......

Closed Thread