Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toddandkathy:
Larry from Miami...I'm looking for some advice, you might be just the right person to ask!!!! As I stated in another post,I have booked some rather unfortunate flights for our cruise. On the way home, we are scheduled to arrive at the Port of Miami at 7am and fly out of FLL at 11am (April 5th).. Any advice on how I can get to the airport on time? Have you used a specific shuttle service or cab service? Should traffic be okay??
This would be cutting it WAY too close if you ask me. For my cruise I had an 11:00 am flight after we docked, and did self departure, but my flight was out of Miami. This is the last time that I will cut it that close. I'd rather take my time getting off the ship and wait for my luggage than having to rush for the ship. Depending on what day you dock, you may have to deal with the tail end of the morning rush if it's a weekday. I would see if I could switch the flight to an afternoon departure.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-10-2008, 06:45 PM

Just do the self disembarking and I think you will be fine. I would rather have an early flight then stay in the airport for 3 and 4 hrs. But thats just me...

Closed Thread

Tags
area, beach, beaches, carnival, cayman, cruise, grand, may, mile, ncl, place, places, port