Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 11:43 AM

We are looking for some advice on the best spot to relax at the beach and have a cocktail or two (or three)! We've never been to Grand Cayman, but I hear all of the beaches are public. Any suggestions?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Yes indeed, all the beaches on Grand Cayman have to allow public access. I'd just head down to Seven Mile Beach (on the left as you exit the port area). It isn't really close enough to walk to, so get a cab. Google it and you'll find several websites for the beach.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Seven Mile beach is probably your best bet. There are a lot of smaller more secluded beaches if that is what you are looking for.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 AM

7 mile gets my vote, but there have been a lot of posts about Rum Point as well. We just got back, but I took my hubby to Stingray city as he'd never been. By the time we got back, we didn't have time to do a beach. Next time I'll take him to 7 mile and if we have the time maybe check out Rum Point. It's a clean island and they're bars all over. Have a great time!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM

Larry from Miami...I'm looking for some advice, you might be just the right person to ask!!!! As I stated in another post,I have booked some rather unfortunate flights for our cruise. On the way home, we are scheduled to arrive at the Port of Miami at 7am and fly out of FLL at 11am (April 5th).. Any advice on how I can get to the airport on time? Have you used a specific shuttle service or cab service? Should traffic be okay??
Old 01-24-2008, 06:53 AM
That is cutting it close time wise. Being a Saturday the traffic should not be as bad as a week day. By the time you get your luggage and go through customs it's going to be way past 7 AM. If it were me I would take a taxi, it may be a bit more expensive than Super Shuttle but you have a lot more control over when you will get to the airport. I don't think any one cab service is any better than another.
Upcoming:
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
7 mile gets my vote, but there have been a lot of posts about Rum Point as well. We just got back, but I took my hubby to Stingray city as he'd never been. By the time we got back, we didn't have time to do a beach. Next time I'll take him to 7 mile and if we have the time maybe check out Rum Point. It's a clean island and they're bars all over. Have a great time!
If I remember right Rum Point is not very close to the port. Depending on traffic it can take a long time to get around the island.
Upcoming:
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 01-24-2008, 07:07 AM

We have made those flights with time to spare: make sure you have the earliest luggage tags for disembarkation. There will be three for 7 a.m. and if you don't get one of those go to the pursers desk, or the cabin steward seems to have extras (on RCCL). We used cabs. Absolutately not problem getting one, no traffic to speak off. It didn't take much more than 20-25 minutes once we were in the cab. Customs and luggage claim seemed faster that early as well, no back log yet!
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2008, 04:42 AM

thanks to all for the great advice!!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:47 PM

Penny, You're back!!! I want to hear all about your cruise and what you did in each port. So you liked Stingray City?

7 Mile beach, in my opinion is too crowded and commercial, at least the place that we went to which was a ship sponsored escursion through Royal Caribbean. We live in Florida and have some really great beaches here, so I guess we're spoiled. Rum Point is way on the opposite end of the island. There used to be a ferry service, but I hear it's out of service???Posters correct me if I'm wrong, but it may take about 45 mins. to an hour by taxi to get to Rum Point since the road goes along the coast and follows the shore line. I was dissapointed with 7 mile but I'm sure less critical types might think it would be okay.

Closed Thread

Tags
area, beach, beaches, carnival, cayman, cruise, grand, may, mile, ncl, place, places, port