Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 AM

Does anyone have any info on Mr. Sanchos Beach? We were planning to go there for the day with the family,buti reada review that tops are optional. Is this true? Any info on Mr Sanchos would be helpful.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 PM

I have never heard of Mr. Sanchos beach. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I also offer my humber opinion that it's better to stick with the excursions the cruise lines offer. They guarantee them and they keep track of them if there's a problem. As for tops optional beaches, MANY of the beaches in the Caribbean are TOPS OPTIONAL, but in reality most people don't. But thew other guys can keep you more abreast of the actual rules....so to speak.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Sure, Mr. Sanchos is a real place! Here is their website. Topless? Not in my experience, and that goes for all the beaches I've been to on Cozumel.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Banned

We used to go to Mr. Sanchos all the time before Paradise Beach. Very nice staff. Safe food and drink. No problems with tops coming off there that I know of...of course...I guess that could happen anywhere. But that is certainly not their policy.

The only reason we switched to Paradise Beach was because they had more for our kids to do.

Both are free beach resorts. They do not charge an entrance fee. All their lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, clean restrooms are free.

PB also has free internet at the bar.

The other difference is that PB offers a great $10 wristband to use all non-motorized toys. (kayak, snorkel, water trampolines, iceberg, floats etc) You can even climb a coconut tree!

I usually recommend Mr. Sanchos for adults who don't have kids as an alternative to Nachi Cocom (which is an adult all inclusive) Mr. S gives adults a good "atmosphere" like NC without the $49.00 a person.

A taxi to any beach resort will be about $12-15 one way for a taxi of up to 4 people. And there are more taxis than sand in Cozumel..so don't worry about getting back to the ship.

Have a wonderful time!!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the feedback LHP, We noticed on another website that there would be 8 Ships at Cozumel that day. How is Cozumel at handling this kind of traffic?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM

We've been to Mr. Sanchos with our 3 boys and they loved it -- we rented a car (we tend to avoid most cruise excursions and prefer to explore on our own on the safer ports). Visited most of the beach clubs and the island and enjoyed the pool and atmosphere at Mr. Sanchos -- we were there not too long after the hurricane it, so there were some clubs that were closed. It's probably changed since then.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, codes, cozumel, inclusive, mister, mr, mrsanchos, optional, pool, promo, review, reviews, rocky, rules, sanchos, topless