Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM

hi all. im new to this forum. kind of stumbled on it. in feb 2007. me, hubby and my 7 yr old son are going on carnival fascination to key west and calica. i know theres not much to do in calica from research. i read on a diff forum that you can rent a jeep from claica and drive into cancun yourself?

Anyone know any details how to secure this jeep thing ahead of time per chance? any details at all would be great.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator

We are indeed happy you stumbled onto our forum!

The pier at Calica has a tent city of vendors, including car rentals. I think this is one of them. There always seems to be more cars available than people wanting to rent them. Personally I wouldn't want to do it for just a few hours, but it's your cruise. I got the above link by Googling "Calica Car Rental". There were many hits.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:30 PM

two years ago we rented a car from the "port area" there to drive to the talum mayan ruins. Great idea for us. we got a small rental car for 39 dollars and we had it all day. we rented from the enterprise lot.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:40 PM

was the enterprise lot right there when you got off ship at calica, mexico? is this something i need to do before even leaving on my cruise?

does anyone know per chance???? was there a long line to rent a car????
thanks for all your insight and help in advance guys and gals.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

I think there was more than one rental company, and in the many times I've been to Calica they were hustling the crowd for customers. I really wouldn't bother with reserving one. I would be stunned if you couldn't get a rental on the day you arrived and made your deal on the pier.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM

We were going to rent one before we left on the cruise but they wanted a hugh deposit. so we took our chances and got on right off the boat. we put it on the credit card and had not one bit of problems. no lines no problems. one thing I did do before we left for the cruise is I studied the map of mexico so I knew where we were going and didnt have to worry about getting lost. my thinking on getting lose is if i have enough gas I cant get lost. if you rent one have the renter tell you about the mexican law on left hand turns.

Closed Thread

Tags
calica, car, companies, cruise, jeep, map, mexica, mexico, port, problems, rental, rentals, renting, reviews, schedule