Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2006, 07:39 PM

sailing on the elation 4/3/06 out of galveston.This will be our 5th trip to cozumel (in as many years) on a cruise. because our 2 daughters were 10 and 12 the first time and were concerned for their safety, we listened to the advice of the cruise lines and only shopped in the reccomended shops and ate at the reccommended resturants and not always but mostly booked excursions on the ship. wellllll, I have finaly done my homework and found that there is alot more to this island than the shops when you get off the pier and downtown. I found a really great map of cozumel online at www.cancunmap.com . the price for this map is 85 pesos that's $8.00 US. the great thing is you order the map online and they will mail it same day and you send them 8 dollars if you like it. Check it out, I promise you will not be disappointed. We are considering hopping in a cab or even renting a car and bookin over to the east side of the island ( this is actually the carribbean side) for some food and drinks.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Administrator

I wouldn't be concerned about safety anywhere on Cozumel. I get annoyed by the dire warnings the cruise lines give to passengers about only using XYZ shops and restaurants. They are doing both the passengers and the port a disservice. This is especially true for Cozumel.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:15 PM

I agree. I've lived in Cozumel 3 years and feel very safe here. Female friends also tell me they feel safe even late at night.

Ian

www.wilmacozumel.com

Closed Thread

Tags
coxumel, safety