Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 02:51 PM

We are traveling to Grand Turk in a month and wondered if you can schedule the looping bus tour off of the ship or do you have to do it through the ship.

Thanks,

Glenn
Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Hi GlennM, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We did not take that tour when we were in Grand Turk, but I would think it would run often. We did a great sail/snorkel tour that we booked through the ship. I did hear a lot of people saying they went into the town, but not sure if they took a cab or the bus. There's a shopping area where you dock and a nice beach right there as well. The island was very clean, from what we saw. We went around the south end on the boat that took us snorkeling. I did want to welcome you aboard and hope you have a marvelous cruise!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:59 PM
We were there in 2006 with HAL. I don't recall that there being buses available at the taxi stand for an alternative island tour. This is the link to the Grand Turk Cruise Center website - it may have the information you want. http://www.grandturkcc.com/
Took a cab into the town, which at that time was $5 each - not round trip..... Small town with not much to do or see- however the people were very nice. There is a little museum, but the entrance fee was $10 per person - and after spending th $10 to get there, we didn't want to spend that much. It was a lovely little island. Tablemates did the bus/island tour and enjoyed it - especially the stop at the lighthouse. If you snorkle, the water was excellant.

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, bus, grand, grank, loop, port, schedule, taxi, taxis, tour, tours, turk, turkbus, turks, tutk