Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2003, 06:28 AM

My husband and I are taking our 12 yr old son, and 15 and 18 year old daughters on our first cruise. What excursions would you recommend (keeping cost at a minimum!) And, how is it laid out- do you have to take taxis everywhere you go, or is it pretty much walkable? I'd hate to spend $25 a pop on taxis and not be able to do much else! We've struggled all year to afford this cruise and have some spending money, but not a whole lot! Just want to get the best value!

Lynn T
Old 08-04-2003, 06:28 AM

My husband and I are taking our 12 yr old son, and 15 and 18 year old daughters on our first cruise. What excursions would you recommend (keeping cost at a minimum!) And, how is it laid out- do you have to take taxis everywhere you go, or is it pretty much walkable? I'd hate to spend $25 a pop on taxis and not be able to do much else! We've struggled all year to afford this cruise and have some spending money, but not a whole lot! Just want to get the best value!

Lynn T
Old 08-04-2003, 07:05 PM

If you are into shopping, then Nassau is walkable; the ship docks at the edge of town, and it's maybe several hundred yards to the outdoor shops, a little farther to downtown. If you want to hang out on a beach, you'll need a taxi or to take one of the ship's excursions to a beach. Snorkeling is another good possibility too. It all depends on your interests.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:55 AM

As Karen mentioned, the ships dock right downtown, so shopping and other activities can be easily accessed on foot. I would suggest you take a taxi or ferry over to Paradise Island, check out Atlantis and spend some time at the beach. The marina on Paradise Island is also where you catch ferries to Blue Lagoon and catamaran snorkeling trips. If you want more detailed suggestions, check out the Nassau section of www.portreviews.com. Then, if you would like, e-mail me with further questions or need more specific info.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, nassau, nassaua, port, walkable