Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 AM

This site has some great info! I was just wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations on excursions for my upcoming cruise.

We are leaving June 22 on the Carnival Destiny and the ports of call are: San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Dominica ; Barbados ; St. Lucia, WI ; Antigua ; St Kitts, WI ;

Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Hi Gater, welcome to cruise-chat! You have a great itinerary. I did the Southern Carib recently and most of the same ports but was with family and didn't do many excursions. There were several that looked appealing. I'll leave the recommendations to others who have done them and can fairly comment. Just wanted to welcome you to the site. Hope you have a great cruise!

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-14-2008, 10:42 AM

Thanks Neil! I am looking forward to it. This is my first Cruise in 10 years.

And it is certainly a busy one (no days at sea).

Old 06-15-2008, 04:29 AM

Hi Gater, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I looked at this itinerary last night. One of our regular posters here, Casanova Frankenstein, is leaving on the same ship and itinerary today. No sea days on this one!

There is a wealth of Info on the site to help as well. Just do a search with the Find Tab.

Haven't done the southern for a few years. Going to St. John and Trunk Bay from St. Thomas is always a must do. The Champagne Reef snorkel on Dominica is another, if you like snorkeling. These are a just a few of my personal favorites.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 06-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone has been so nice on this board.

We are most likely going to book the Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea on St. Kitts. Has anyone here been on this excursion?

We are still looking into some others...including Trunk bay and Champagne reef.

Any other suggestions?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 AM

Hi Gater1848, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Excellent itinerary! San Juan-Old San Juan and the Bacardi Factory (great samples). St. Thomas-take a ferry to St. John and a cab to Trunk Bay. Dominica-hands down Champagne Reef, one of the best snorkels in the Caribbean. We also went to the falls and the Emerald Pool. That excursion is physically demanding and the water in the pool is icey cold. It felt good though after making the hike down. Of course, you have to hike back up the mountain and there's no cool water pool when you get back up Barbados-we have always done the Tiami Catamaran sail/snorkel, if you do the one with lunch be sure to try the bajan pepper sauce. It's made with mango and scotch bonnets (spicy yet a hint of sweet). They take you to a nice snorkeling area with turtles and then a nice beach to relax and drink rum punch or have lunch. Our next visit to Barbados in December we're going to try the Folkstone Underwater Park. We haven't been there yet, so I can't recommend it. We did a catamaran sail/snorkel in Antigua, but there were way too many jelly fish in the water for me to enjoy the snorkeling. It might have been the time of the year (late October-early November). The beach they took us too is really nice. In St. Kitts we've done a few catamaran sail/snorkels that were ok. We also went to the batik factory and a fort there that were very interesting. I bought a batik t-shirt and 2 pictures. St. Thomas is the place for shopping, if you're so inclined. I'm not a shopper, but a snorkeler, so that's what I go to the Caribbean for. Champagne Reef in Dominica is one of the best snorkels we've taken in all of the Caribbean. Sorry I haven't done the Fan-Ta-Sea tour in St. Kitts, but would probably try it. I love catamarans, too! Hopefully someone else has done this excursion and can let you know how it is. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks Penny. Very informative! I think now we need to decide how many places we want to Snorkel. I think the Fan-Ta-Sea looks great and we are going to plan on that, I hope to hear more about it.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:52 AM

Leaving 8/3/08 9n carnival destiny. Want to book champagne snorkel but unsure which one. There is a champagne snorke excursion off a boat that then goes some where else and there is the irie safari champagne snorkel which goes off the beach. Does anyone know which one is better and do you get the bubbles at both of them. Also anyone do the fishing in St. Lucia? Any suggestions for Barbados? Thank you! Marilyn
Old 07-29-2008, 02:12 PM

Gator, did you go on your cruise on Destiny? Any suggestions or hints? Leaving on Sunday. Hope you had a good time. Marilyn

Closed Thread

Tags
carribeanexcursions, carribien, catamaran, dominica, fantasea, kitts, lucia, soutern, southern, st, wi