Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2004, 04:00 PM

We are going on a budget and by nature we are beach people (all-inclusive resorts). First cruise and in Progreso the beach is just to the left of the docks and in Cozumel a short taxi to the National park and the beach and snorkling. What to do in Belize on a budget?
Old 04-03-2004, 04:00 PM

We are going on a budget and by nature we are beach people (all-inclusive resorts). First cruise and in Progreso the beach is just to the left of the docks and in Cozumel a short taxi to the National park and the beach and snorkling. What to do in Belize on a budget?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:35 AM

We vacationed in belize july 2003 - The cheapest and most relaxing is to take the water taxi out to the cayes. Caye caulker is a very pleasant stroll as the whole island is only about 1 mile wide. Short snorkeling trips are also available and inexpensive.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:20 AM

There is a nice beach right at the dock. It has been a few years since we were there and at that time you had to go in by tender, I don't know if it is the same now or not. There was a nice bar and hotel right near the dock, as far as wandering off into town it is not real safe. I would say one of the roughest ports you will ever visiton a cruise ship. The only one worse that I can think of is the Dominican Republic/ Haiti. I don't think any of the lines go there anymore.
Tom
Old 05-25-2004, 01:05 PM

Cruise lines do still stop in the D.R. and Haiti, but only in isolated places. Royal Caribbean has resumed its port calls to its private "island" (actually a beach area), Labadee, which is in Haiti, after a security check determined that it is remote enough from the populated areas of the country to be safe. And several cruise lines spend a day at a wonderful, upscale resort, Casa de Campo, which is in the Dominican Republic. Others I know who have enjoyed a port call there have great memories. Again, it's an isolated resort area.

Closed Thread