Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 11:36 PM

Sorry new to this whole chat. I was referring to San Juan and renting a car. We want to tent a car at the airport when get in on Sat afternoon. We are staying in the Condado hotel area that night. My husband and I are going to the rainforest on Sunday. We would like to have a car so we can take our time and we will also have a place for our luggage while hiking.Any suggestions on car rentals that are also close to the port so we can drop the car off? Thank you.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM

Hi mssntxs2, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I don't know if I'd try driving in Puerto Rico, but there are plenty of rental companies in the airport. I have never had the nerve to drive there, but I know Avis and Hertz are there. Just remember, Puerto Ricans do not use their brakes, just their horns Have a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 PM

My wife and I were in PR back in April 2005 and rented a car one day right in SJ from a place in a strip mall as it was walking distance from the Marriott Courtyard hotel we were at for a couple of days. Driving was pretty easy in PR although we immediately got on the freeway and did most of our driving in the mountains and country. The mountain driving was a little scary as there were few guard rails and many fast semis!!

Within SJ to go to the Condado area, I do recall on the shuttle we took that traffic was heavy most of the time. From SJ to Old SJ, the public busses are easy and safe.

Good luck!
Lyle
Old 11-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Actually I live here on Puerto Rico and I don't like to drive on San Juan, and yes there are a few "bestias" that can give you a hard time specially the wiser ones that try to drive at the same time they are talking on their cell phones they just make my day everytime...
Just a note maybe is better to get a taxi
they can give you a fair price, smaller than the hotel, and a great tour without the trouble of getting lost

Closed Thread